Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me start by saying I am a newbie on the forum and have been extremely impressed will all of the quality topics and information provided by the fellow users. I am currently riding a 2005 rev 800HO with a fairly new rebuilt motor. I started paying attention and measuring the sleds oil consumption last week after noticing it seemed high and discovered it was running at 18:1 :eek:hmy_old: !!

Its drinking oil and I cant for the life of me figure out why. I have tried to adjust my oil pump cable, however I can only get 16mm out of it before maxing out my adjustment. I have also installed a small spring on the oil pump arm to the frame to insure it wasnt sticking.

I have looked at ALL of the previous posts concerning this issue and have not come up with any other ideas. I am beating my head against the wall trying to fix this problem but cant seem to find a solution, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
How many miles on sled/pump?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 05 was doing the same thing when it was new. The pump wasn't closing all the way. Added an extra spring and the problem went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just checked no crack in the oil tank, approx how much oil would the sled be burning if the pump went out? has anyone else bent the lower oil bump cable bracket to gain a little more adjustment out of the cable?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts