Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 renegade 600 ho. I can't get it to hook up at all. Every time any weight is put on it the suspension couples, most of the time the blocks never come back up without me picking up on the bumper. I had an 04 that was the same way but I totalled that one before I could figure it out. I only have around 400 miles on it and would really like to have it dialed in for next season. I go around 230 to 240 pounds with all my gear on and I am already the fat man springs on it. Any idea on what I can do to get it to hook up, I would like get some weight transfer and get it to hook up off the line. Everything on the sled is stock aside from the heavy preloads.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Try removing the coupling block on the rear side, takes about 2min to do and should get you alot more weight transfer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have been playing with the suspension on my 05 also. First thing I did was to get rid of my Precision skis. I went to the SLP PP which are a quite aggressive but I love the feeling that it will steer my sled where I want it to go.

I moved my suspension to the lower hole (see Tech Tips for instructions), tightened my front spring on my rear suspension to #3, limiter strap is set at 2nd to last hole. I'm running at about 215#. The sled hooks up well (track is not studded) with the suspension lowered, when I hit the gas the front end picks up though it does not lift the skis.

The next step was to flip my coupling block back. Now when I hit the gas, the front end lifts as before but when the coupler extends its travel past the block, the front skis actually lift of the ground. It's kind of a two stage feeling as I accelerate. I may let the limiter strap all the way out, but I need more snow to test the current setting.

My original goal was to lessen the steering effort of the PP's, which has done so considerabley. I also think the sled responds better using the acceleration.

I'm also thinking of adding the torsion spacers advertised on this site. I think I will get good spring performance for little cost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, does yours rebound when the suspension is compressed, I have to lift mine to get it back up where it should be. I had the same problem with my 04, just can't figure them out. I'm installing a small chainfall in my garage, I'll change the hole after I get that in.

·
Registered
954 Posts
two bolts will have the shock in your hand, i suggest pulling it out and seeing what its like in your hand. if there are dead spots in it or it doesnt want to return you may have a valve stuck on your shock

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm also having this same problem,,I've always rode skidoo,,but this is my first rev one. I only go about 185# and according to the manual is says that it should return coupling blocks to center,,never does though without lifting it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
raminator said:
I'm also having this same problem,,I've always rode skidoo,,but this is my first rev one. I only go about 185# and according to the manual is says that it should return coupling blocks to center,,never does though without lifting it..
[snapback]728344[/snapback]​
Dude - how tall are you? According to the vance and hines height-weight chart, you should be 6'8" if you're weighing 230+ pounds. Me thinks you should pay a visit to LA weight loss
Maybe then, your sled will be able to haul your carcass.

Relax Bill
If you think about it, you'll figure out who's bustin your tail. Good luck with your setup. My springs were shot. Guess who's the lard "edit for bad language"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts