Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to richen the mid range on my 05 pwr tek and have round shims for the needle jet. What is the easiest method to put these in to raise my needle???

I took the top cover off the carbs and to get close to the needle the throttle has to be fully depressed. (I'm trying to do this without completely disconnecting the throttle and choke cables and sensors.)

I have the shop manual, but the instructions for everthing are vague.
Does the racing manual provide better step by step instructions?

Any feed back and possibly pictures would be great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
what I do is pinch off the coolent line from the bottle disconnect from carb then disconnect the hose going to your head.Then take carbs out from boots so you can twist them around facing towards you. Next take tops off from carbs and get somthing to hold down throttle lever(tape or a bungy cord works good)this is so its easier to get the needles out.Next you need a 2.5mm hex head and unscrew the little hold down bolt(be careful the heads strip out easy
)next move the clip to one side then pull out the needle but be careful not to lose the factory washer under the e-clip.then install the new shims under the plastic shim and reassemble.The first time is slow and sucks but after a few times you will be a pro.

dont forget to take whatever you have to pinch the coolent line off--off

hope this helps-it works for me--Danny

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

That makes sense. I already have the coolant line removed and the carbs out of the reed boots so I can twist it around.

All I have to do is to tape the throttle down and carefully loosen the clip holder raise the needle out, add the shims and re-assembly.

Thanks for the input.

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
You just have to unscrew the 2.5 mm allen bolt a small amount - just so the cover catch rotates away from the needle clip. Also those screws on the cover can be a PITA to get off (loctited on) and the screwdriver in the stock tool kit works great so you don't strip the phillips head (fits the screws perfect - better than my good craftsman screwdrivers!). As for the throttle, I use a thick rubber band - works great.

Have fun,

G MAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.