Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 462 miles on my new 05 600HO Renegade last weekend. Had an 03 800 Gade that was abolutely the best sled I ever owned(ZX chassis) and was looking forward to seat time on the REV. Snow was sparse and trails were fast and hard, almost icy. By the way, averaged 17 MPG which surprised me after hearing some numbers on here.
Anyway, the sled darted so bad I felt it was dangerous. I had loved the precisions on the ZX, it truly was a one hand driving kind of thing. Tried all suspension adjustments and nothing made it better,some things made it worse. Second night it snowed a couple of inches. What a difference the snow made, it was enough to fill the center of the skis and not just ride on the carbides. Starting to really like the sled in the twisties, but not yet 100% on the rail beds at high speeds.
Just put the sled on my lift to go over it and check the toe out. Have the skis on pcs of sheet metal so the carbides don't dig in and noticed the outside carbide wasn't touching the sheet metal by quite a bit on both sides. Got looking at the ski's and realised they are different. My wifes 04 ZX legend it right there beside me and it sits flat on both carbides on the concrete floor.
The inside keel on the renegade skis is about a half inch deeper than the outside, so on a hard surface whatever weight is on the front end is applied only to the inside runners which is also trying to twist the whole ski. IMO this design is NFG. Was wondering if all the 05 skis are like this and looking for insight. Also the right side ski appears to have more camber than the left ski which I am sure is also not good, and the only way I see to adjust this is to add a spacer to the top heim joint where it meet the A arm. Would appreciate any thoughts on this, and am certainly leaning towards new skis, although I don't want anything too aggressive,,,thanks glma

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should have been more specific about what I was looking for, has anyone else noticed the different keel depths or is it just me? If I didn't have the wifes 04 to look at I would think maybe they were always different depths, but hers sits with both carbides touching on the concrete floor and mine keep the out side carbide about one quarter inch off the floor, you can also see the ski trying to twist as you let the weight back down on the sled, the rubber bumper is really tweaked although caster/camber does look alright,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.