Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a similar post to 06 880 post.
i have a 2005 800 x p tech. 4000 miles trouble free . in the last week i have notice the odd hestitation when i punch it. also the idle takes longer to come down than before. it used to be near instant to come to idle . now it takes a coulpe of seconds and slowly comes down. boots? any othe ideas.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Don't run crap gas in it, I put 87 octane gas in mine and it ran like S^%$ until I refilled with good non-oxy 91 octane gas, it also hesitated on this crap gas. I have over 3000 miles on mine and if i run good gas it runs great

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
Yeah check your boots. Check your pilot jets, they might be getting a little bit of crud buildup. My '06 had bad hesitation and I went up to a #25pj(17.5pj is stock) two turns out on fuel screws. Idles great.
-Grover

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the same sled with 1600 miles on it . It does the same thing, a littlle flip of the chock brings the idle down. All my previous Polaris's did the same thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agree with trailhawk, mine seems to be sensative to gas. My boots are fine and still have the 17.5 pilots. You definately need to keep on top of keeping the carbs cleaned with this setup.
Soundls like some people have had good luck going up a size or two on pilots. Have also seen that some guys a re swiching to a 600HO needle profile to help richen the midrange althoug I don't think that will help the low end bog at all.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Well because of the fact that it just started doing this now i would highly suggest taking a very close look at your carb boots. If you find nothing there check crank seals, and last clean carbs and rejet if necessary.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
grover said:
Yeah check your boots. Check your pilot jets, they might be getting a little bit of crud buildup. My '06 had bad hesitation and I went up to a #25pj(17.5pj is stock) two turns out on fuel screws. Idles great.
-Grover
[snapback]718510[/snapback]​
I did the same jetting change #25, But not until after my meltdown, I originally went to #20 pilots and it leaned out after letting go of throttle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts