Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it OK to put registration sticker over top of decals? Probably OK but sure won't be pretty... Any suggestions?!?

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
sure its ok to put them over decals, and I agree I probably will not look pretty...

in NY they changed the glue for the stickers and in 04 and 05 they will not stick to the matte side panels (in 03 they stuck just fine)

cut two small clear plastic peices and stick the sticker to them, then use two rivits for each plate to attach to the sled... works about as good as anything!

btw - an easy way to get flexible plastic it to go to the grocery store and buy one of the cheap, freezer resistant "tupperwear" like bowels!

for ~3$ your covered!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Scorelions said:
Is it OK to put registration sticker over top of decals? Probably OK but sure won't be pretty... Any suggestions?!?
[snapback]295654[/snapback]​
i had just enough room above the shocks to fit our sticker in NH, not the best look but better than putting it on top of the other graphics

·
Registered
426 Posts
Stick it right in front of the A arms on the nose of the sled. I'm in NYS, no issue with the glue on mine. Still on after 400 miles/4 wash downs and several scub bushes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I MEASURED MY STICKER AND CUT 2 PCS OF 1/8TH INCH LEXAN OR 1/8 INCH PLEXI-GLAS AND ATTACHED IT ABOVE THE A-ARMS JUST ABOVE THE REFLECTOR. I USED 1/8TH LONG POP RIVETS TO ATTACH. USED THE FIRST PIECE TO APPLY THE STICKER AND THE OTHER PIECE TO COVER SO NOBODY DECIDES TO TRY TO PEEL IT OFF

·
Registered
75 Posts
I MEASURED MY STICKER AND CUT 2 PCS OF 1/8TH INCH LEXAN OR 1/8 INCH PLEXI-GLAS AND ATTACHED IT ABOVE THE A-ARMS JUST ABOVE THE REFLECTOR. I USED 1/8TH LONG POP RIVETS TO ATTACH. USED THE FIRST PIECE TO APPLY THE STICKER AND THE OTHER PIECE TO COVER SO NOBODY DECIDES TO TRY TO PEEL IT OFF

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
OOOOPS THAT WOULD BE BELOW THE REFLECTOR, OH AND NO THICKER THEN 1/8TH INCH PLEXI-GLAS OR LEXAN I TRIED THICKER PIECES BUT IT DID NOT CONFORM TO THE BODY FOR THE LITTLE BIT OF FLEX THATS NEEDED,

·
Registered
826 Posts
How about on the back of the tunnel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went up to the U.P. and noticed other 05's with it on the nose, just under the reflector. I think it looks good there and I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays. I hear that a hair dryer set on hot will help the adhesive set to the "not perfectly smooth surface"... Thanks for the input!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts