Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new modular is getting snow on the inside of the shield when it is snowing out and when i am following another sled the snow dust from that is also getting in there.....i made sure that all the vents were closed and everything looked normal and not broken...Is anyone else having this problem?? Does anyone know what to do...or has anyone tryed anything...Please help...!!!! Thankyou!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same problem with my 04 Modular X Team helmet !
I couldn't see a thing out there today after a few minutes, and when I tried to wipe the shield clean, it was frozen on the inside !!! I don't know any of my friends who have one without this problem. I tried to take mine back soon after I bought it due to the problem and they wouldn't take it back. Maybe we should set up a poll and ask everyone out there if they are experiencing this problem as well, then we can address this with Bombardier and hopefully get something done ! Anyone know how to get the poll thing goin ???

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
05MXZX600SDI said:
My brand new modular is getting snow on the inside of the shield when it is snowing out and when i am following another sled the snow dust from that is also getting in there.....i made sure that all the vents were closed and everything looked normal and not broken...Is anyone else having this problem?? Does anyone know what to do...or has anyone tryed anything...Please help...!!!! Thankyou!

[snapback]280993[/snapback]​
Are you using the mask that comes with the modular? Check the seals around the edges of the mask where it makes contact with the helmet. Unless your breath is not getting outside through the vents it has to be a seal problem somewhere

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If its very cold or theres alot of flying powder (riding with a group) You almost have to use the windgaurd that came with it. I had to turn around yesterday to put the one on my girlfreinds helmet. I dont use it as much, but I occasionally do the LONG COLD rides and its a must. Its most likely blowing up through the bottom. Its a PITA but it works very well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My new 2004 modular has the same problem, it also seems to let alot of cold air in? I try to stay on the trail if I go in the deep powder the snow comes right in?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had the same problem, that modular helmet seals about as good as a screen door on a submarine. I fixed mine. Sold it and got a BV2S. Rode yesterday,all day and no powder or air leaks in the helmet. Much better, of course it should be for the price they want.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I worked on my modular over the summer to make sure everything fit perfectly. I even took out some padding to get the fit right. Make sure that you are getting the visor closed all the way (until it snaps). Also, after closing your helmet breathe a few times to make sure that all of the exhale is going out the sides.

It was -30 this weekend and I had my glasses on in my modular. No fogging, no icing..and after I closed my vents I was perfectly warm.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mine is the 2003 modular skidoo x team helmet and i noticed that when riding the a$$ of friends there dust did come inside the helmet, not alot but enough to make me think "what the hell". in turn i found out that where the whole face mask comes down and clamps onto the helmet there is sometimes a small gap. this gap is caused from the breath mask being almost pinched between either your face and the face mask of the helmet causing a resistance in the helmet fuly sealing itself. or the breath mask is not seated properly and is kinked. the gap is to the outsides near the jawline. try tightening the elastic on the front of the breath mask which will snug it to form to your face. the next time you see the snow inside, and when you go to raise the face mask see if there is some resistance while lifting it, or if the breath mask starts to move. if so your make the adjustments. good luck and as far as when it snows, i havent had any snow come into the helmet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the same thing happening on mine I believe it is coming from the chin area of the helmet. The airflow from the low windsheild hits me right at the neck area. I used a neck gatior to try to seal this area and it did help but not completely. I would love to hear your ideas and solutions besides 86ing the low window.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Yep, it comes up through underneath the chin.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I use a big huge ugly yellow fluffy neck cover.. It's a stretchy thingy that I shove up under my chin.. Seems to work and fixes all problems.. I bought it at a dunhams around here a year ago.. Best thing I ever bought.. My setup on real cold days is.. Ski-doo lightweight baclava under my jacket, a baclava with fleece lining on the bottom over that and over the jacket after it is zipped up. .This one also covers my face and cheeks.. the I put this fluffy looking thing on .. It's not that bad I just make it sound like that.. Then the helmet.. Once the helmet is on I shove the fluffy thing up in and around the bottom of the helmet.. It's a PITA but it's not as bad as the Stock Doo Thingy.. JMO

·
Registered
184 Posts
I noticed air coming in mine all of the time. I think it comes in where the shield sticks out to raise it. Always seems to get cold under my eyes.

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
Marks-doo ing said:
Mine too. I miss my Arctic Cat TXI. It was much warmer.
[snapback]281493[/snapback]​
A buddy of mine bought a TXI last year, and says it the most uncomfortable thing he has ever worn. And it leaks also. He won't even wear it now, he would rather wear his old HJC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts