Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the posts and responses to oil pump adjustments I now understand measuring and adjusting the oil pump cable.....now my question is after adjusing to spec....what end result are we looking for 35:1 ... 40:1 ... 45:1 ... 50:1 ???

1 quart of oil per 10 gallons of fuel = 40:1 (Correct)

I would like to fine tune the oil pump to the correct ratio.

Is the ratio the same for my 04 GSX 800 H.O. as the 05 Mach Z ??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response....yes, I have the cable at 18mm after adjusting out the throttle play.

I guess I am wondering if there is varience from one oil pump to the next and if after adjusting the cable length we should follow up by measuring oil consumption compared to fuel and then make smaller adjustments to dial in a desired ratio.
Any Idea what the ratio is supposed to be......??

Perhaps it's not necessary as clutching and other variables will alter fuel consumption given the same throttle position (Cable pull) and oil delivery is consistent irregardless of the other variables.

Am I making it more difficult than I need???

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think you understand it well enough.

For reference, two dealers have confirmed back to me that for my Summit RT version, the oil injection should be between 45-50:1 I am currently running at 45:1 and I am happy with that. I personally prefer a little extra margin as it would cost me more just to tow the sled back to the dealer than the extra oil I use.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You do realize that with injection the ratio varies greatly depending on throttle position. Thus, the average ratio that anyone sees depends on riding style and conditions. There is no one correct ratio, but rather a wide range from around 100:1 (or less) at idle, to whatever the engineers think is necessary for protection at WOT. This is injections great advantage over premix which must be rich enough for WOT and is thus way too much oil under all other circumstances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.