Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANY ONE MOVED TRACK WHEELS IN LINE IF SO WHAT HOLES AND HAS IT REDUCED WEAR TO HYFAX SEEMS THAT IF YOU STAGGER WHEELS CAN THIS CAUSE PRELOAD TO CHANGE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT SIDE BECAUSE ONE SET OF WHEELS IS FARTHER ON SLIDERAILWITCH WOULD LOAD THAT SIDE OF TRACK

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Is anyone blowing the rubber off the 141mm idlers? There are three machs in our group and together we have chunked about 20 wheels and brp has been warranting them. We are all chunking the two outside wheels and the two rear ones of the six up front. They are cracking along the seam and then coming apart. I hope they fix this issue before we are out of warranty.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gone through 2 outside rear idlers. Came down on them on a jump. Didn't think I hit them that hard but cracked both of them. I still have one bad one on...it just wobbles a little.

·
Registered
149 Posts
t cat said:
HAS ANY ONE MOVED TRACK WHEELS IN LINE IF SO WHAT HOLES AND HAS IT REDUCED WEAR TO HYFAX SEEMS THAT IF YOU STAGGER WHEELS CAN THIS CAUSE PRELOAD TO CHANGE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT SIDE BECAUSE ONE SET OF WHEELS IS FARTHER ON SLIDERAILWITCH WOULD LOAD THAT SIDE OF TRACK

[snapback]304911[/snapback]​
wont help too much
best bet is to drill a poopload a tiny holes in the next set before putting them on
also drill a few holes in track clips(old speed secret of mine)
help hyfax last a lot longer

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I lined up the inside front idlers to match the one that was furthest back. I noticed I was getting more wear between the farthest forward inside idler and the outside idler, compared to the other side. I moved the inside one back, and it appears to not have worn any more. But, maybe it wore as much as it was going to already. Don't know for sure, but I'll say I fixed it..........That's my story and I'm sticking to it................LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have blown three in 800 miles, dealer told me my track must have been loose and out of alignment. Track was a tad loose but not racheting. Buddy's sled is starting to peel two wheels. Mine were the two front outside, one totally shredded and the other just starting to peel, and one inside just starting to peel. I say bad rubber to wheel adhesion. Looks to me like the rubber is just separating from the wheel. Also on 2nd set of sliders, 14 plugs including two br8es after update, three wheels and who knows what else will happen.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My dealer is a piece os S#%t and told me that BRP was not aware of any problem. That is the same thing they have told me about every issue I have had. Only to find out on this wonderfull site that I am not the only one and that most other Z owners have great & HONEST dealers. So I am trying to establish a relationship with another dealer close to me, so hopefully he will help me. Andy, was it a letter from BRP about the wheels or some other form of comm. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have 2 big ones here if anyone interested. have like 50 miles on them and switched to billets. make an offer cause they may be back ordered by BRP soon

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Freaksow us three with wheel probs. have not had one of the big rear idlers go to sh&%. Mach1000#2, call this number and ask how you go about getting them warranteed,906-586-9531. Ask for tim or guy in the parts dept. They contacted skidoo when we started having problems and skidoo said warranty all of them, we just picked up 6 more yesterday. Good luck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks Andy670ho. I will give them a call today. Who is your dealer up there? My friends have a cabin in Mcmillan, so we are up there alot and have bought alot of parts from the dealer in Curtis. We have all thought of buying our sleds up there since that is where we are all the time. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts