Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Mich Auto & RV a dealer is selling these MACH Z's $8,000 non ES and $8,750 w/ES. I can't beleive how much the price has dropped on thes sleds. I wonder what's up with that? Just talked to them they only have the ES model left now. I'm not advertising here, I'm just wondering why so cheap? I expected them to go to about $9,000 the lowest. The poor weather I'm sure is playing a role in this. Wonder how this will effect the snow check prices on the 06's?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
APC said:
In the Mich Auto & RV a dealer is selling these MACH Z's $8,000 non ES and $8,750 w/ES. I can't beleive how much the price has dropped on thes sleds. I wonder what's up with that? Just talked to them they only have the ES model left now. I'm not advertising here, I'm just wondering why so cheap? I expected them to go to about $9,000 the lowest. The poor weather I'm sure is playing a role in this. Wonder how this will effect the snow check prices on the 06's?
[snapback]298620[/snapback]​
could be low snow forcing blowout prices but also they may know what is comming for 06 and dont' want to sit on 05's.. can't wait to see what it is myself.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Machster670 said:
Or maybe they figured out that they are a piece of junk and want to get rid of them !!!!!!

[snapback]298933[/snapback]​
Great post, are your other 5 posts on this sight as insightful as this one?

Keep it up Junior.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
It's simple, dealers have to pay "rent" on the sleds that they have in stock, even over the summer months. Statistically, if the sled doesn't sell very quickly, they will have to pay the "rent" on it until next season, so it makes more sense to sell it now than hang onto it over the summer.

Works the same way for car dealers. That's why you sometimes see huge discounts on certain models.

·
Registered
816 Posts
97mach1 said:
It's simple, dealers have to pay "rent" on the sleds that they have in stock, even over the summer months. Statistically, if the sled doesn't sell very quickly, they will have to pay the "rent" on it until next season, so it makes more sense to sell it now than hang onto it over the summer.

Works the same way for car dealers. That's why you sometimes see huge discounts on certain models.
[snapback]299026[/snapback]​
i still cant see losing money on it. they are losing more on it by selling it at that price than holding out for less of a beaten

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
mach 2005 said:
i still cant see losing money on it. they are losing more on it by selling it at that price than holding out for less of a beaten
[snapback]299114[/snapback]​
I doubt it. Back when I had a couple friends that worked at a dealer, holding on to a new $6500 sled over the summer would cost them close to $1000. That was back in 1998, so I would imagine that it's more nowadays.

If they can move that Mach Z for $8,000 in the next couple weeks, I would imagine they will make more $$$ in the end versus selling it in the fall as a "leftover" for $10k, if they can even get it then.

That's why if you want to buy a sled, starting about now until the end of February is a pretty good time to buy if you want to get it for the best price.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
APC said:
Call him up and try to actually buy one. I bet they either don't have them or that is a teaser price with no freight, setup or other fees. I would be curious to see the total out-the-door price. Post the number. I will call.

·
Registered
816 Posts
97mach1 said:
mach 2005 said:
[snapback]299114[/snapback]​
I doubt it. Back when I had a couple friends that worked at a dealer, holding on to a new $6500 sled over the summer would cost them close to $1000. That was back in 1998, so I would imagine that it's more nowadays.

If they can move that Mach Z for $8,000 in the next couple weeks, I would imagine they will make more $$$ in the end versus selling it in the fall as a "leftover" for $10k, if they can even get it then.

That's why if you want to buy a sled, starting about now until the end of February is a pretty good time to buy if you want to get it for the best price.
[snapback]299185[/snapback]​
thats the point! he is losing at least $1000. bucks. people think these things have a giant profit margin

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
MachZ990 said:
APC said:
Call him up and try to actually buy one. I bet they either don't have them or that is a teaser price with no freight, setup or other fees. I would be curious to see the total out-the-door price. Post the number. I will call.
[snapback]299214[/snapback]​
I don't beleive you will see many adds by dealers which are OTD prices. When you go to dealership, most times, the price tag on the sleds do not include anything. I'll PM you the no. Like I said I'm not advertising here. Just shocked to see a $2,500 price drop in just a short time.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
LMS in Mecosta has 18 05 Mach Zs left he's dealing

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Well, if they are really having all the problems that everyone on this site says their having I would want to unload them too........

·
Registered
969 Posts
APC said:
Which dealer?

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FeelTheThunder said:
How much did they go for in the first place? Up in Canada I know they went for $13,500.00 Canadian
[snapback]299590[/snapback]​
They were going for the most part $10,500 US and some show deals for $9,500US.

·
Registered
85 Posts
MachZ990 said:
APC said:
I bought a Mach Z on Friday for $7,999 plus $411 prep/freight, tax and registration which brought it to just short of $9,000. I opted for the 4-year extended warranty from SkiDoo for $949. When I left the dealership on Friday they still had one Mach Z left (the electric start model) for $750 more. I won't post the dealer's telephone #, but the dealer was Tom's Cylce Inc. in St. Johns Michigan. about 20 north of Lansing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
mnsrx said:
MachZ990 said:
APC said:
I bought a Mach Z on Friday for $7,999 plus $411 prep/freight, tax and registration which brought it to just short of $9,000. I opted for the 4-year extended warranty from SkiDoo for $949. When I left the dealership on Friday they still had one Mach Z left (the electric start model) for $750 more. I won't post the dealer's telephone #, but the dealer was Tom's Cylce Inc. in St. Johns Michigan. about 20 north of Lansing.
[snapback]303748[/snapback]​
sounds to good to be true. lets see your invoice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts