Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.But I just ordered some 01' MXZX 440 stock springs for the front and have my shocks rebuilt and try them out poss this weekend in some holes and see how they do these New ones have Dual Springs on them we will see if the big Mach can Put these Springs Down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The mach springs off of my '05 after @2000 miles of various riding just came in at 124# per inch on my rebco digital rater. Now pulled a set of the piggy back springs down off of the shelf and rated them. Barrel progressive type 4 per the racing handbook pink black black they came in at 86 # per inch AFTER getting past the initial progressive part. The book lists them as 55/85 pounders. I have found that the doo springs hold thier rate very well compared to some of the stock car springs that I have dealt with in the past. A good step between the mach and piggy back spring would be the type 2 barrel spring with no tab and the part number is 505-070-298 blue pink black 70/100#.

Doug

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just got done with a 130 mile ride in some Big holes ECT I had my 01' MXZX 800 Shocks rebuilt and had the guy put in some thicker Oil in the shocks they worked great for me now if I could only get the back to work as good I put in some 2 up springs that my Dealer told me to use and Put in a a 01' MXZX 440 Front Shock spring and Had my C46 rebuilt and had some Thicker oil installed in it just like the front and still kept bottoming it with my springs set on 2 and my blocks on 3. Do they make a Stiffer rear spring than a 2 UP?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Guys forget the heavier springs get a set of rebuildable shocks. Have a reputable dealer valve them to your wieght. By going to a heavier spring you are making it a pogo that rebounds so fast it throws you off the seat. By adding shims or a whole new valve you can slow down the compession so you can run softer springs. We have done this alot with great results. With stiffer springs you may not bottom but it can rebound so fast it'll toss you off the seat or worse the seat will slam you in the rocks. THAT SUCKS

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will post the part # of the rear springs my dealer sold me tonight. I don't know much about shocks but the front seams good to me but it can allways be better I just don't have that the $ to put in to shocks like some do whish I did. so I will try to get these to work for me it is a lot nicer than before the way it is.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You don't have to spend a ton on new shocks, I could have bought a set of HPG piggey backs. But instead I looked at it realistically, I'm not a racer, but I doo run hard. the standard HPG's on my 800 zx were valved to my weight and style, and I didn't bottom em out and they didn't fade. So I called all my buds and found a set from an 03 800 with bent shafts,I bought em for $50., new shafts are $30. a piece (stainless, better than original) and new valves-shims, and spacers to shorten the stroke. Because we doo the work ourselves the total is about $175.-200. I'll have together and on by the 12 I'll let you know how they work, although I'm sure they'll de fine. I can always add or subtract shims as needed, this way I can run the lightest spring without any problems, or spending a ton

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.