Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran an '05 RX-1 this weekend - it's a buddy's - known him for 30 years. Thought that would be a walk in the park... Well we scoped out a stretch on a lake - lined them up and off we went - his hooked hard and jumped out in front by two lengths - he had 192 studs and I had 96. Made sense, right.. At 40 mph it was three lengths, at 80 it was five. I looked down at my tach thinking I must be way over 8000 or at about 7000 - nope, 7800 right on the seeds.. We'll when we got way upstairs - 110-120 I started coming back on him - By the time we let off - probably 3/8 of a mile or so, I had gained about three back. We stopped and I was dumbfounded. I thought the world as I knew it was over - my mighty Mach had fallen to an RX-1 - the shame of it.... Then I noticed something shining underneath the grillwork on the hood.... But, he said no turbo, no NOS, no motorwork - What could it be??? Yep a supercharger - the 7psi 200 hp one. I rode it about 30 miles that day - it has the giggle factor no doubt about it - if you get a chance to ride one, take it - they're a hoot. Anyway, always look under the hood if the deal seems too good to be true. Cheers.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Poison said:
Ran an '05 RX-1 this weekend - it's a buddy's - known him for 30 years. Thought that would be a walk in the park... Well we scoped out a stretch on a lake - lined them up and off we went - his hooked hard and jumped out in front by two lengths - he had 192 studs and I had 96. Made sense, right.. At 40 mph it was three lengths, at 80 it was five. I looked down at my tach thinking I must be way over 8000 or at about 7000 - nope, 7800 right on the seeds.. We'll when we got way upstairs - 110-120 I started coming back on him - By the time we let off - probably 3/8 of a mile or so, I had gained about three back. We stopped and I was dumbfounded. I thought the world as I knew it was over - my mighty Mach had fallen to an RX-1 - the shame of it.... Then I noticed something shining underneath the grillwork on the hood.... But, he said no turbo, no NOS, no motorwork - What could it be??? Yep a supercharger - the 7psi 200 hp one. I rode it about 30 miles that day - it has the giggle factor no doubt about it - if you get a chance to ride one, take it - they're a hoot. Anyway, always look under the hood if the deal seems too good to be true. Cheers.

[snapback]686700[/snapback]​
Could you hear any of the "whine" of the supercharger? Stock exhaust or mod?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jiddru said:
Poison said:

[snapback]686700[/snapback]​
Could you hear any of the "whine" of the supercharger? Stock exhaust or mod?
[snapback]686748[/snapback]​
Absolutely no sound difference at all. Pretty cool and quite the sleeper.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Ex dog doo said:
Craig388 said:
In all fairness it doesn't sound like you did that bad against him.

[snapback]686812[/snapback]​
You're right. Not bad considering it's SC'd.
A turbo at 12 PSI won't give anything back no matter how long you run.
In fact, turbo will keep pulling and gain an even wider lead.
XDD
[snapback]687942[/snapback]​
Yupp Turbo on the big end is a sure thing, the faster you go the faster you go.
SC is ok but you still give up power to run it , no matter how you look at it.
Only thing thats better about the SC is a) its usually easier to install
usually costs less.

A typical turbo setup takes about 3/8 of a horsepower to run, a SC hehehehe lots more, look at the top fuelers it takes more HP to drive the SC unit then a typical V8 puts out .

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
joebras said:
MY v-8 can turn the supercharger.

[snapback]688071[/snapback]​
What is that a MAGnuson LS1

ummm sorry try again not enough to spin a Top fuel blower

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.