Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mach has about 500 miles on it with the stock runners still in good shape. I was surprised the quality of the stockers wasn't bad! Anyway I'm planning a trip to ontario this weekend and I'm sure the trails will be icy. I've had 2 pair of 6" shaper bars with 60 degree carbide sitting on the workbench since the sled was new. I haven't felt the need to change them yet because the stockers have been working pretty good in the corners as long as it's not loose powdery conditions. Should I put both sets of 6" shapers on before I leave for Canada or will that be too much carbide and make the sled darty and hard to turn? Also, I read on here some time ago that some guys run two different size runners on each ski. Does the longer (sharper) carbide go on the inside or outside? Lets here it, what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dealer told me to put new ones on outside only, I havent changed mine yet neighter. Hasent been no snow to where them out. Pray for snow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm running 60 degrees carbides -- 6" on the inside and 4" on the outside. Yes it is darty on bare ice but...it corners big time. After 500kms with this set, they are now less darty and the bite is still very good. Steering effort is acceptable for trail riding...but this is subjective.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I put 8" on both, took as much weight off the front as possible. I like it. When you ride hard into a corner they bite good, but when you're cruising down the trail or lake it doesn't dart much with alot of the ski pressure taken off. Works for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BOKMAN said:
My mach has about 500 miles on it with the stock runners still in good shape. I was surprised the quality of the stockers wasn't bad! Anyway I'm planning a trip to ontario this weekend and I'm sure the trails will be icy. I've had 2 pair of 6" shaper bars with 60 degree carbide sitting on the workbench since the sled was new. I haven't felt the need to change them yet because the stockers have been working pretty good in the corners as long as it's not loose powdery conditions. Should I put both sets of 6" shapers on before I leave for Canada or will that be too much carbide and make the sled darty and hard to turn? Also, I read on here some time ago that some guys run two different size runners on each ski. Does the longer (sharper) carbide go on the inside or outside? Lets here it, what do you guys recommend?
[snapback]313428[/snapback]​
My dealer told me to run 8" on the outside and stock 4" on the insides. Waiting to stud before I change them. Can't decide on stud size, pattern or number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts