Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my surprise we did radar runs today and i pulled 116.2,stock 04 zr900 pulled 104.8, 03 zr 900 pulled 108,....then the stock t-cat pulled 120.2.
I argured with the guy that it wasnt stock but he swore up and down it was.
I then chalenged him to a drag race and i could hold him off till my speedo said 110, then he went by!
Do you guys think a stock 99 t-cat can pull 120.2 on radar???

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I still have my 'ol Tcat and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys in it's element and still eats my Mach on the lake. Mach isn't completely stock, but then neither is the Tcat.
I'll still ride my Mach all day, any day over the cat.

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
ZDOO51 said:
To my surprise we did radar runs today and i pulled 116.2,stock 04 zr900 pulled 104.8, 03 zr 900 pulled 108,....then the stock t-cat pulled 120.2.
I argured with the guy that it wasnt stock but he swore up and down it was.
I then chalenged him to a drag race and i could hold him off till my speedo said 110, then he went by!
Do you guys think a stock 99 t-cat can pull 120.2 on radar???

[snapback]705937[/snapback]​
My 01 T cat has done 122 many times with just a clutch kit.....something about those nice sounding triples that just says "why am I discontinued" !!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
What is stock????

The work stock means alot of different things to many different.

If you where to say stock, like out of the box....well then I would say no the t-cat was not stock.

If you where to say stock engine then yes it was most likely stock,but I bet that it had a power breather on it and it was jetted had heavier fly wieghts a different spring and helix and maybe some gearing.

A t-cat in the right hands can be very fast,in the wrong hands a slug, just like any other sled.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
adrenalator8 said:
What is stock????

The work stock means alot of different things to many different.

If you where to say stock, like out of the box....well then I would say no the t-cat was not stock.

If you where to say stock engine then yes it was most likely stock,but I bet that it had a power breather on it and it was jetted had heavier fly wieghts a different spring and helix and maybe some gearing.

A t-cat in the right hands can be very fast,in the wrong hands a slug, just like any other sled.
[snapback]706040[/snapback]​
adrenalator8 while I totally agree,....... in the same vein, is a Mach with added pin weight still considered stock?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Good point gunner.

Although, when someone asks me if it's stock, I tell them whats in it

If that's what your talking about

But atleast they are a stock bombie parts right out of a 93 mach-1 670 LOL

But I have to admit that my own sled did run 125.9 last year and it was stock,I didn't even have 200miles on it.
That was a nice suprise when I saw the radar gun

11150mbrev.

My thought exactlly

·
Registered
206 Posts
1Gunner said:
I still have my 'ol Tcat and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys in it's element and still eats my Mach on the lake. Mach isn't completely stock, but then neither is the Tcat.
I'll still ride my Mach all day, any day over the cat.

View attachment 46976
[snapback]705995[/snapback]​
HE HAS A D&D RACING STICKER ON HIS WINDSHIELD. HE IS UP TO NO GOOD.

HE IS SNICKERING AT YOU WHEN HE IS AT THE SHOP WITH HIS BUDS!!

On another note I have seen some fast T-cats pull some good speeds. Triples always seem to wind out on top end better.

But I still would not trust him!!! heh heh

·
Registered
15 Posts
probably just in the way the sleds are set up. i have a 05 mach that has done 124 on radar with minimal clutch work and clickers set on 1 or 2 depending on conditions. i have seen many t cats pull high teens to low 120's before. i'd say u have some minor tuning to do to get into your sleds untapped potential.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.