Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

girlfriend sled has started a new symptom. After accelerating hard the sled will give two beeps with no light flash on cluster.

seems to run fine.

if your cruising with it, there is no beeps.

Only after hard acceleration.

sled is a 2005 gsx 800ho

thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
is she wearing the tether cord? i wonder if when she cracks it open her change in position on the sled is messing slightly with the DESS key, they are kind of stupid like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
one of my buddies had the same problume with his rev 800 ill try and ask him if he ever fpund the issue but I think he just took the beeper off lol.

I also took my off it was beeping all the time for no reason

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
I did disconnect the beeper. But would like to know why it's doing it. And would like the beeper hooked up.
Would be great if your friend found the solution or cause.
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had what sounds like a very similar thing this weekend. I have an '05 GTX 800ho that would intermittantly give one short / one longer beep but no lights on or flashing. This thing has been temperamental in low snow conditions since new but the temp gauge I noticed was running lower than normal despite being full of coolant. It rode fine and I just took it easy for the rest of the day.Today I took the thermostat out and found it wasn't opening at the right temps and didn't open consistently at the same temp.

I got into that because after googling the whole "1 short/1long beep with no light" situation I learned that among other things it can be the coolant sensor voltage too high/too low which coupled with the lower than normal gauge reading had me curious.

I don't know if this helps but ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts