Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some miles on my '05 Renegade X 800 W/ 1.75 track yesterday. I rode this sled 30 miles in poor snow last week and was not that impressed. Different story this week. Northern part of the state gad 18" of fresh powder so we trailered up. A friend of a friend had a new RMK 151" 900. I knew at some poind that day I wanted to see what it could do. Shortly into the ride, we were playing in a field that was knee deep in fluff. I stopped at the end and he pulled up beside me like he read my mind. for the comditions I knew he had the better track, so if I could stay close I would be happy. We hit it off the line and I sat low and foreward, then I remember reading on here (BJ I think) you should always sit back for the whole run, so I slid back as far as I could. At around 50, we were dead tied. I couldn't believe it! At 60 or so I started pulling away slightly. When we had to shut down at the end of the field I had around 2 lengths on him. Made my whole day.

He wound up getting only 22 miles on that day. Jumped it over the ridge from the snow plow and broke the spindle. I swear, he didn't have it a foot off the ground. It was too bad, I was hoping after we got some break in miles on we could run them again.

BS

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the problem was that the snow conditions didn't let the sled show what it could doo. That first ride was on 3" and no base. I just wanted to try get some break in miles on cause it was the first snow of the year. The 800 had tons of torque, but didn't seem to have much more pull from a rolling start than my 600 had. I wasn't that impressed with the ride either. The secomd time I rode was in 18" of powder and groomed trails. That was awesome. Seemed like a totally different sled. I'm sure if I'd had good snow for the first ride, I would have loved that one also.

BS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thats good to hear. I just bought an 05 X gade with 1.75 track but have not yet been able to ride it. We are heading up north next weekend to ride.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts