Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK has anyone checked their compression? should motor be warm? both plugs out? throttle wide open.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
snowtrax backshift said:
Have Bill's domes 150 each side, 3,600miles
[snapback]741394[/snapback]​
shouldnt they be higher with domes? are your decomps plugged? should be in teh 160/s with decomps and domes no?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
decompression plugs are plugged yes. l think the domes are same volume just different shape. they are bikeman domes

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
so what are the benifits of the domes then? does dome shape give you any gains? I have bills here but have to install them still

·
Registered
109 Posts
freakshow12 said:
so what are the benifits of the domes then? does dome shape give you any gains? I have bills here but have to install them still
[snapback]741625[/snapback]​
His domes might be smaller just have to pour them to find out. Hope you let us know what you find. I think that shape change will definetly help but that is just my oppinion

·
Registered
638 Posts
Every gauge might(and probably does) read a little different. I just had my gauge calibrated at the International Scales and Measurement Institute at NASA and it has been spot on since new. j/k

With the decomp welded 150 psi since broken in and w/ Bills heads this year added 5 to bring it to 155psi on both sides and holding and almost 4000 miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mine were done monday and the dealer said 140-145. three different dealers said its nothing to worry about. what do you guys think? it pulls like a train to 105mph then walks to 110-111mph then thats it. numbers are from speedo. i've tried 05 map, 06 map, 06.5 map, exhaust gauge in and out, stock clutch, well tuned clutch and no different on top. oh yeah and i looked at a dyno sheet for an 05 mach z today and it made max power/torque at 7600. it was down 20hp at 8000. i did not set clickers for 7600. i have been reving 7850-8000 so maybe my engine makes power at 7600rpm as well. i will have to dyno it to see.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Sometimes the barometric pressure is so high here that our elevation equates to 900' below sea level,but with Bills domes in 165 , and -20C air temp,hang on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts