Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feb04_31.JPG I hear this past weekend up in Michigans UP that there has been a run on failing gear boxes on the 05 and 06 Revs. Can anyone comment on this. Of course I did not see any but a person I met who was not riding a Skidoo, said they talked with 6 different Rev riders in the last week that had gear box failures. If you have any information on this - let me know if it is on 800's, 600's SDI or Carb. I have one month left on my warranty and would like to know if I should push it with my dealer. I ony have 1400 miles on so far. This person indicated that the failure was typically at 1600 to 1800 miles.

Any comments or squelching of this "rumor" would be much appreciated.

Oh - I also want to say thanks to the many recommendations on the ROX risers. I put 2" risers on my 05 Gade. I made a big difference. I left my mobile windshield on. I will now be going to the 3.5" risers with a 06 windshield and put the 2" risers on my wifes sled. Thanks for the help on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
hummm...is that like a muffler bearing?

normally a gear box refers to a transmission! no tranny on my sled!

there are no issues with the "chain case" or the "clutches".

Sounds like they might have been pulling one over on you. (but no there are no issues with failures of the gears or chain)

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Lack of maitenance!
which means gear fluid change
keeping chain adjusted correctly
or alot of jumping abuse.

Rich

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigf150 said:
hummm...is that like a muffler bearing?

normally a gear box refers to a transmission! no tranny on my sled!

there are no issues with the "chain case" or the "clutches".

Sounds like they might have been pulling one over on you. (but no there are no issues with failures of the gears or chain)
[snapback]706636[/snapback]​
You are correct. Freudian slip on my part. It is the chain case I was referring to. I thought it might be the case that this person was trying to get me going as I had heard he liked to do that with Doo riders. He is a die hard Polaris fan. However, I was riding with another die hard polaris fan - ex semi pro sno cross racer, who was actually on an F7. He said hands down, if he were in the market for a new sled it would be the GADE because of the ride. (Broke his back once)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts