Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
HPS or J&T works good on these sleds, but for elevation "the thing" is a good mod. Talk to Dynamo Joe about clutching.

I run a HPS can on my summit, works good but some may find it too loud.

//Tom

·
Registered
539 Posts
friscospices.com said:
Where do you find "the thing" can? Is it much louder and how much weight differance? Is anyone else using one of these on an 05 800 summit??
thanks
[snapback]281000[/snapback]​
http://www.thesledshed.ca/

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I have an HPS, it's a straightthrough can, probably saves about 10 lbs, no loss in power, but I don't have to turn my clickers down, either. It's abit on the loud side, or so I'm told, when I can hear someone talking to me. Actually, at low RPM's it's not bad at all, but she snorts with authority above 6k RPM's - don't ride this on the trails - mountains only, please. Buddy has a PPP on an 05 800, slightly heavier, abit quieter, better made, I question his performance, tho - seem like he's flat in the midrange compared to mine. At higher elevations, the Stealth Thing is probably the ticket to have - more dinero.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I've got the HPS can on my sled and it sounds great!! The guys I ride with like the way it sounds also.

I've also got Joe's clutch kit and am just about finished putting the thing in. Once I can get her tested, I'll give you all a full report.

By the way, don't the rest of you guys find the stock clutching to lag? I mean really noticably lag? My observations are that when I hit the gas, the RMPs lag in getting up to 8000 but the sled has amazing torque. However, I think I'm loosing more "punch" because the RPMs can't climb more rapidly. I've also noticed that the primary clutch gets very hot indicating a belt slippage. With Joes kit, you'll exchange the primary spring and adjust the weight. And, after looking at the secondary helix that Joe sent vs the stock one I took out, I am really expecting a change in performance.

By the way, if you haven't had the chance to talk to Joe "up der in Tunderbay", he's quite a character and really enthusiastic about this clutch stuff. Great guy!

Whatever happens, I'll let you all know my thoughts after I get her tested.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Does anyone know who makes an aftermarket can for the 800HO Adren. that isn't too loud, yet doesn't rob you of hp? Looking to drop some weight, maintain or increase hp...and keep the neighbors happy!!

Alaskan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.