Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i have my stock 05 800 ho, it is sitting just under 500 miles now (200 miles this weekend)

My buddy picked up an 06 efi non snopro f7 last weekend, he had 100 miles, now has 300 miles.
no revers, no electric start, box stock.

My sled is 144 picks, 48 of wich where NEW woodies chissle picks.

his sled has 102 woodies GD
other then that they where stock.

the lake was SLUSH.
we raced about 50 times or more!!

now thanks to doo talk, i took some traction tips, and it worked very very well, 90% of the time i would kill him out of the hole. 50% of the time however he would catch me 50% i stayed ahead. it was about 1000' race.

now from a roll, it seemed i would pull him from say 30-80, after that, 80% of the time he would catch me by 80 and by 100 he would be 1/2 sled out on me, and by 110 he was 2 sleds on me.
my sled had a NEW belt, and new plugs, both full tanks, myself, im about 20-30 pounds lighter then my buddy, but i was carrying a good 20 pounds in my tunnle bag so ride weight was very very close. he did have less picks with a smaller track and i think that is why i was faster in the deep stuff.

my final thought is, the f7 will be faster then my sled on hard packed, ice, and in most conditions, sucks, but it is reality

now, if i put a can, mainly to save weight, and take the very outside picks off, i think there is 24, do you think this will help get them closer?
i realy dont want to get into hard core stuff, i want a reliable sled.
this spring i will be swapping carb boots just to be safe, but i dont want to mess with jetting ect.

you guys realy helped me hook up, so help me go faster.

·
Registered
567 Posts
clutching and gearing... your riding a gsx right?.. wouldn't they be geared slightly different than the mxz, i dunno.

look in to cudney clutches.. and maybe droping one or two teeth from the top gear.
your bee will be eattin cat food in no time!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motorbreath said:
clutching and gearing... your riding a gsx right?.. wouldn't they be geared slightly different than the mxz, i dunno.

look in to cudney clutches.. and maybe droping one or two teeth from the top gear.
[snapback]700390[/snapback]​
not sure on gearing.
i will have to look into that. it was close, but he was faster.
will a clutch hurt me in the trails?

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
noyzee said:
Motorbreath said:

[snapback]700390[/snapback]​
not sure on gearing.
i will have to look into that. it was close, but he was faster.
will a clutch hurt me in the trails?
[snapback]700552[/snapback]​
No a clutch will make you faster in the trails. Don't get a can get a clutch kit way better performance improvements.

Talk to Dynamo-Joe

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
The cudney clutch kit that i put on mine is single handly the best investment that I have made. It makes the sled more fun to ride. Also I love how much it slows you down when you let off that gas. It makes the corners a lot easier.

All the clutch kit is doing is showing you the power that the sled has. It isn't making power, it is just delievering it to your thumb.

Will not have another sled that doesn't have a clutch kit in it from Bill.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CATEATER_REV said:
The cudney clutch kit that i put on mine is single handly the best investment that I have made. It makes the sled more fun to ride. Also I love how much it slows you down when you let off that gas. It makes the corners a lot easier.

All the clutch kit is doing is showing you the power that the sled has. It isn't making power, it is just delievering it to your thumb.

Ryan
[snapback]700709[/snapback]​
anyone have a website for this clutch kit?]

i was told some of the clutch kits slow down these sleds, and that is why i didnt buy one.

anyone have any comparison?
like lost every time, swapped the clutch, and won every time?

no loss of power mid/top end?
sorry for the questions, im a newbi

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I don't understand why you say he would be fastr on ice or hardpack. That 13 inch wide track has got to be a big advantage on top end especially in slush conditions. Your sled has to put a 15 inch wide footprint into the slush and he only has a 13 inch footprint.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
670hoth said:
I don't understand why you say he would be fastr on ice or hardpack. That 13 inch wide track has got to be a big advantage on top end especially in slush conditions. Your sled has to put a 15 inch wide footprint into the slush and he only has a 13 inch footprint.
[snapback]700771[/snapback]​
my sled seemed to hook much better, it stayed ontop of the slush beter, his hit it and sunk right in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
noyzee said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan

i was told some of the clutch kits slow down these sleds, and that is why i didnt buy one.

[snapback]700744[/snapback]​
We put a Cudney Clutch kit in our 2006 GSX 800 Limited and it is above and beyond what was expected. Im not sure if you have the powertek or not.. I know some 05s had the ptek and some didnt... What I do know is that Either way you will want to get the clutch kit.. I cant speak for any kits other than Cudneys since ive never used any other... but I am willing to recommend cudneys kit to you... you can look them up at www.cudneyracing.com

Pat

Oh yeah.. The limited GSX came with a 23 tooth top gear and we actually found that the 24 tooth gear works better after installing the clutch kit.. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dionysos412 said:
noyzee said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan

We put a Cudney Clutch kit in our 2006 GSX 800 Limited and it is above and beyond what was expected. Im not sure if you have the powertek or not.. I know some 05s had the ptek and some didnt... What I do know is that Either way you will want to get the clutch kit.. I cant speak for any kits other than Cudneys since ive never used any other... but I am willing to recommend cudneys kit to you... you can look them up at www.cudneyracing.com

Pat

Oh yeah.. The limited GSX came with a 23 tooth top gear and we actually found that the 24 tooth gear works better after installing the clutch kit.. hope this helps
[snapback]701014[/snapback]​
thanks alot for the info. looks like i will keep the sound down, clutch it, and no one will know i did anything!!

sleeper style

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dionysos412 said:
noyzee said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan

Pat

ps, i do have the ptek

·
Registered
87 Posts
noyzee said:
dionysos412 said:
noyzee said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan

Pat

ps, i do have the ptek
[snapback]701322[/snapback]​
I too will sound off for Bill's clutch kit. His R&D is spot-on. The kit improved the mid range in my sled the most. It is at least a good 4 if not 5 or 6 sled lengths better in 660' and it doesn't lose anything anywhere. I am still running stk gears at 26/43 for my 03.5 BM 800 and I am contemplating going 24/43, but I just changed the pin weight from the recommened in Bill's kit to alittle heavier and it seems to pull even stronger. MOre testing to do this week.

A big "shout out" to Bill and his peeps at Cudney Racing. TOP NOTCH!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
superdave670 said:
noyzee said:
dionysos412 said:
noyzee said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan

Pat

ps, i do have the ptek
[snapback]701322[/snapback]​
I too will sound off for Bill's clutch kit. His R&D is spot-on. The kit improved the mid range in my sled the most. It is at least a good 4 if not 5 or 6 sled lengths better in 660' and it doesn't lose anything anywhere. I am still running stk gears at 26/43 for my 03.5 BM 800 and I am contemplating going 24/43, but I just changed the pin weight from the recommened in Bill's kit to alittle heavier and it seems to pull even stronger. MOre testing to do this week.

[snapback]701370[/snapback]​
cool, anyone evr here of Laflamme Racing?

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts

[/quote]

FYI the 03.5 BM comes with 23/43 gearing even though the adds say 26/43, Doo changed the gearing after the adds were printed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
bm800rev said:

FYI the 03.5 BM comes with 23/43 gearing even though the adds say 26/43, Doo changed the gearing after the adds were printed.
[snapback]702922[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Everyone keeps telling me I have 26/43. When you changed to 24/43 what did you notice the most?? top end more? less bottom end? anything?
Thanks

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
superdave670 said:
bm800rev said:

[snapback]702922[/snapback]​
Everyone keeps telling me I have 26/43. When you changed to 24/43 what did you notice the most?? top end more? less bottom end? anything?
Thanks

[snapback]702926[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have noticed better midrange and about 3-4 mph up top. No loss on bottom but I also had added a clutch kit when I regeared. A funner trail sled, awesome midrange. It was definitely a 23 tooth stock upper when I replaced it, even though I thought i had a 26 until people on here told me otherwise.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bigf150 said:
gear it down 1 tooth, get big johns trail torquer kit and a cudneys clutch and no f7 will ever be in sight!
[snapback]702940[/snapback]​
does cudney sell the gears? also what is this big johns you speak of????

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
noyzee said:
bigf150 said:
gear it down 1 tooth, get big johns trail torquer kit and a cudneys clutch and no f7 will ever be in sight!

[snapback]703192[/snapback]​
cudney does gears too. both cudney and big john own race shops specializing in rev's/doo's. both are paid advertisers here, look under "trail of shops" Big john owns "Sled Head Racing"

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bigf150 said:
noyzee said:
bigf150 said:

[snapback]703192[/snapback]​
cudney does gears too. both cudney and big john own race shops specializing in rev's/doo's. both are paid advertisers here, look under "trail of shops" Big john owns "Sled Head Racing"
[snapback]703257[/snapback]​
cool, i talked to Bill, i will be ordering a kit tommorow. he recomended not doing the gearing because the 05-06 was done right from the factory, so i will do the clutch kitfor now, and see how the pussy does next time we race

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.