Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys...

Soon I am going for Drag Racing with my 05 800 Gade Pwtk...

Never went to drag race in 1/4 with snowmobile before...Actually its a first time we are doing it in Russia officially...

So I wonder what would be best set for DRAG racing with 05 800 Gade...

I have DJ S8X kit
21//44 gearing
Susp front arm relocation
BJ TT kit
SLP Can
1.75 track

On the way:

RK TEK Drop Inn kit (head and pistons)
V Force Reed 3

What speed does 800 sled ussally reach in 1/4???

With gearing should I use...21/45 (too low) or leave 21/44 ???

What RPMs do I want to see ???

Any specific techniques or other info that I need to know ???

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Well you have all the parts, now you need to loose the weight....... remember gas is 7-8 lbs per gallon so when you go to the races keep your sled almost empty and take gas with you and put in after every run...... get rid of that rear rack......... your stabalizer bar......all unnecessary equipment..... remember even thos a-arm protectors that look sooooo cool weigh something.......the RPM's should be around 8100 on the tach that is assuming your tach is a little high...... also make sure your clutch is at full shift......... Good luck but remember it is a Gade not an MXZ....... more track (width and length) = more weight.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brs2002 said:
Well you have all the parts, now you need to loose the weight....... remember gas is 7-8 lbs per gallon so when you go to the races keep your sled almost empty and take gas with you and put in after every run...... get rid of that rear rack......... your stabalizer bar......all unnecessary equipment..... remember even thos a-arm protectors that look sooooo cool weigh something.......the RPM's should be around 8100 on the tach that is assuming your tach is a little high...... also make sure your clutch is at full shift......... Good luck but remember it is a Gade not an MXZ....... more track (width and length) = more weight.
[snapback]695888[/snapback]​
Thanks...Gade hooks up better then 121...

What spped does 800 ussually reach in 1/4....Should I gear down to 21/45 ???

·
Big Member
984 Posts
The 1.75 track will suck for drag racing unless you are running on soft snow. A lower lug track with studs would be best for holeshot. Chisel tooth or ice pixx studs would work best depending on conditions. I assume you have your stoppers flipped? Torsion springs on softest setting. Adjust your limiter strap to get your rails level. Practice!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
ded moroz said:
brs2002 said:

[snapback]695909[/snapback]​
Gearing to low will increas your track spin and cause you to loose time and speed. I would leave the 21/44 in and see how it does. But remember you must be achiving full shift!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brs2002 said:
ded moroz said:
brs2002 said:

Gearing to low will increas your track spin and cause you to loose time and speed. I would leave the 21/44 in and see how it does. But remember you must be achiving full shift!!!!!!
[snapback]695936[/snapback]​
Barb X I like you hood graphics...is it paints or stikers...

If I flip my rear stoppers the fromnt would raise too much and it not good for hole shot...

How to achieve full shift???

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
ded moroz said:
brs2002 said:
ded moroz said:
brs2002 said:

[snapback]695936[/snapback]​
Barb X I like you hood graphics...is it paints or stikers...

If I flip my rear stoppers the fromnt would raise too much and it not good for hole shot...

How to achieve full shift???
[snapback]696407[/snapback]​
geairing and clutch set-up.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.