Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took my SDI for a test ride of 60 miles after doing some clutch work, TEAM secondary, primary spring and added pin weight, increased bottom gear to a 45 tooth. most of the riding was on trails about 40% on the river (RED) got an easy 20 mpg, this 05 reacted the same as my 04 as far as mileage and performance increase, love that TEAM secondary.

·
Registered
584 Posts
05 Gade 600 SDI First Tank 19.2 MPG
05 GSX 600 SDI First Tank 21 MPG
04 MXZ 600 SDI Every Tank 18-19.5mpg

Lots of it has to do with the trails you ride and conditions. Good smooth fast trails at 50-60MPH I get great mileage on all my sleds. The SDI rocks, the 05 fuel mapping is super its much better than 04 on a good day I can now go 200 miles before filling up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gade600SDI said:

Lots of it has to do with the trails you ride and conditions. Good smooth fast trails at 50-60MPH I get great mileage on all my sleds. The SDI rocks, the 05 fuel mapping is super its much better than 04 on a good day I can now go 200 miles before filling up.
[snapback]262843[/snapback]​
I get about the same mileage as that with my 04 SDI X with the 05 mapping update. I just go through 2 spark plugs every morning starting it. When its real cold out it might take 4 plugs to get it going. I have been looking into the lemon law on the thing cause they still caint fix it. The lawyer said I have a case. Its a great sled when once I get it running.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greg s said:
Gade600SDI said:

[snapback]262843[/snapback]​
I get about the same mileage as that with my 04 SDI X with the 05 mapping update. I just go through 2 spark plugs every morning starting it. When its real cold out it might take 4 plugs to get it going. I have been looking into the lemon law on the thing cause they still caint fix it. The lawyer said I have a case. Its a great sled when once I get it running.
[snapback]262892[/snapback]​
Take it to a dealer make sure throttle position sensor is set 3.5-3.9 degrees no more no less, you oil lever is returning to the idle position and don't touch the trottle when starting, your sparlplug fouling should go away.

·
Registered
52 Posts
{ quote}

mine is the same way most awesome sled i have ever owned except for the recurring plug problem. o5 mapping is making the sled run much cleaner and crisper but i still kill 2 plugs every couple of days on cold start. there has to be something in common on the ones that dont work right and there are quite a few of them out there that dont work right. best way mine works is not to start it till ready to move and start up jump on and go just not too much throttle till it warms up somewhat. if i start it and let it idle sure shot it will kill 2 plugs. maybe all the guys with problems need to get together with one lawyer and make a real case to brp and maybe then they will finally do something. if its any consolation the new mach z and summit 1000 are having even more problems than the 600 so maybe that will help out somewhat.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I've got about 200 miles on my sled now. I've been getting about 16 mpg on decent trails (a little loose underneath). I went across a lake with 8" of powder the other day and after that trip I was closer to 13 mpg.

The majority of my riding is on good groomed trails so I'm hoping for 16-18 mpg when this thing is totally dialed in. I'll be taking it to the dealer for some adjustments in another 100 miles or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.