Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I was riding at 70 mph and the throttle stuck, I was able to hit the kill switch and stop the sled before hitting the bush. I inspected the sled and everything looked fine so I started the sled and everything was OK. Now it is the back of my mind evry time I come to a road crossing that the throttle could stick again. I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced this before.

·
Registered
454 Posts
there was a service bulletin to roatate a clamp that could cause the throttle to stick. I did seem to have the throttle stick on mine once, unrelated to the clamp as the SB was already done on mine, but it never happened again. At the time I wasn't sure if I might have caught my lefty throttle on my glove.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Joe. Which clamp exactly needs to be rotated? I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a three day ride and don't have time to bring it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
pepin8er said:
Thanks for the information Joe. Which clamp exactly needs to be rotated? I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a three day ride and don't have time to bring it in to the dealer.
[snapback]717359[/snapback]​
It is the two hose clamps on that hold the air box to the two throttle bodies. It isn't that it has to be rotated, but if it comes lose, it rotates because of the weight of the screw part wants to go to the bottom, lowest point right, gravity and all. When it does this it can come in contact with the throttle linkage on the throttle bodies, causeing the linkage to not return al the part, sticking at part throttle.

·
TEAM YELLOW
3,779 Posts
The service bulletin on that was to drill a small hole in the air box and install a rubber button so that if the clamp did rotate it would hit the button and not go any further. All the 05's should have had this from the factory as I remember the bulletin was for the 04's

·
Registered
2 Posts
pepin8er said:
Yesterday, I was riding at 70 mph and the throttle stuck, I was able to hit the kill switch and stop the sled before hitting the bush. I inspected the sled and everything looked fine so I started the sled and everything was OK. Now it is the back of my mind evry time I come to a road crossing that the throttle could stick again. I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced this before.
[snapback]717069[/snapback]​
My friend had the throttle stick on his 05 600 SDI last year and upon removing the air box we found a chunk of ice that had formed from the previous day of powder riding, that was the only issue in over 2000 miles.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Yes there was a bulletin on the clamps.
Rich

·
Registered
377 Posts
Funny this was brought up because I was talking to my cousin up near North Bay and she told me that some kid drove right into the side of her car. When the cops came he said that the throttle stuck! I don't know what year or what the sled was, but perhaps there was some truth to his tale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts