Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 550F this year and have acouple questions. The left hand heater and reverse controls don't lite up like they should. I can't find anything obvious, any suggestions where t o look? Also, would I be better off with a TRA clutch on this? Would it fit? The one that came with it works alright, but looks light weight. Also no adj..

·
Registered
254 Posts
homeboy said:
I bought a new 550F this year and have acouple questions. The left hand heater and reverse controls don't lite up like they should. I can't find anything obvious, any suggestions where t o look? Also, would I be better off with a TRA clutch on this? Would it fit? The one that came with it works alright, but looks light weight. Also no adj..
[snapback]269098[/snapback]​
The primary on the 550F is light for a reason. 58 HP.
You would spend a lot of time and $$ trying to tune a TRA to the 550F and it the end would not get much of a performace increase. Anyway, if you wanted more performance, a 500SS is only $1000.00 more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
58hp? When I got this sled , the dealer said 102, compared to 109 for the 500 liquids. That wasn't my concern, since I could only spend so much for a sled, Don,t get me wrong, I loveit 75-80 is fast enough for me. My old sled was a 97 mxz 440 fanner, which was good for 75 (more R's) But that had aTRA clutch. I could get my old clutch back for near nothing, I was just wondering if the shafts were the same size. My dealer also told me the swiches on the left handlebar were suppost to lite.(it is a cheap model).

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I'd like to know some of the answers to your clutching questions. Hey, I might even be tempted to buy your TRA, but I'd like to learn about this one first, if I could. Guess I'll have to pick brains at my dealer.
58's a bit low, you should ask your dealer what he did with your other 50 or so HP.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Just to let ya know homeboy id post this in the Rev fourm you will get triple the replies for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts