Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stretch in '08!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completly baffled here
Around 80 - 90 km/h or so something is causing the machine to vibrate, sometimes really badly. if i crack on the throttle or let of it goes away. the weird thing is it doesnt do it as noticably all the time. i've checked everything i can think of, bearings, belts. cant figure this one out. any ideas as to what could cause this? Thanks.

Mr. X

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have heard of this before I get it on my 04 also but I think it may be the lug hight and snow conditions it seems to be only on hard pack trails and at a steady speed I don't think it is a sled problem but a vibration that once it starts it doesn't stay if u vary the speed at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mr. X said:
I'm completly baffled here
Around 80 - 90 km/h or so something is causing the machine to vibrate, sometimes really badly. if i crack on the throttle or let of it goes away. the weird thing is it doesnt do it as noticably all the time. i've checked everything i can think of, bearings, belts. cant figure this one out. any ideas as to what could cause this? Thanks.

Mr. X
[snapback]699908[/snapback]​
The belt may have a worn spot in it from either forgetting to relase the brake or the track freezing to the ground. Try changing the belt.

·
Stretch in '08!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/quote]

The belt may have a worn spot in it from either forgetting to relase the brake or the track freezing to the ground. Try changing the belt.
[snapback]699948[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i always park in a garage so the track wasnt frozen to the ground and ive changed the belt and still the problem is there. and its in all snow conditions too, powder, hard pack. one of my buddies figures it could be in the clutch. something with the weights maybe?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would disassemble the primary clutch and make sure the align marks are aligned.These indicators are for balance of the clutch.If they are not aligned you could get a vibration at higher rpm.This will also be extremelly hard on crank bearings if not fixed asap.
While the clutch is apart check every part for fitness.If you have adjustable weights,make sure all arms have equal amount of weight.
A strong vibration is telling something is wrong,check your machine totally.

·
Stretch in '08!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the beast into the dealer today and he found out that there was a cracked helix and a cracked cam in the secondary clutch. Its only got 7013 kms on it!! He has to order the parts in unfortunatly, so i will be missin a few days of good riding. Someone enjoy 2 days of riding for me until im back up and operational. just thought id let everyone know what was causing the vibration.
Happy Riding all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.