Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about doing the SC4 swap into a 04 and it says that you should move the front whole back. Now im a little confused on this anyone have any pics on this? Is the whole moved straight back and what needs to be cut off and rewelded? The pics in the original topic dont show anymore.

Also have anyone tried swapping out the front reinforcement plate to one from an 06 instead of modifying the 04 one? If so did any of the factory rivet holes line up?

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Let me make this easy for you, because I had the same question years ago. You can leave it where it is, but it throws off the geometry and doesn't sit as high. Also the track adjuster almost has to be maxed out to keep proper track tension. Sounds bad, right? It's a better idea to drill the front holes and move the front arm.

But how do you know where to drill? Look on the inside of the tunnel where the front arm is currently bolted. You will see a black metal bracket on each side of the tunnel where the arm is bolted. That bracket has two holes (guess what the second hole is for... Yep an sc4 skid.) just drill through the tunnel so that it matches the second hold on the black bracket. Done. Easy day.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Let me make this easy for you, because I had the same question years ago. You can leave it where it is, but it throws off the geometry and doesn't sit as high. Also the track adjuster almost has to be maxed out to keep proper track tension. Sounds bad, right? It's a better idea to drill the front holes and move the front arm.

But how do you know where to drill? Look on the inside of the tunnel where the front arm is currently bolted. You will see a black metal bracket on each side of the tunnel where the arm is bolted. That bracket has two holes (guess what the second hole is for... Yep an sc4 skid.) just drill through the tunnel so that it matches the second hold on the black bracket. Done. Easy day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts