Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

04 sucking gas like crazy

586 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Skent 
#1 ·
I went trail riding and noticed i went 12 miles and I had already went down to the 2nd mark on the clear tank. It looks like I burned up 1/4 of a tank. Does this sound right. I think thats like 5 mi/gal. I havent changed my gearing, its geared for snox right now at about hi 60 or low 70's im going to gear it back up to 85 or 90 and see if it changes. It was over reving........ Any suggestions I have 35 pilots and 330 in it now.

#5 ·
04firecat said:
SkidooSteve12 said:
haha Yup, been there, done that with the 04 race needles. I was getting 5-6 mpg for a few tanks of gas before figuring it out.
[snapback]728557[/snapback]​
You guys are talking about the 440 right? Buddie of mine has the same problem with 800 mod about 4 mpg.
[snapback]728665[/snapback]​
Yeah, usually 04-05 440X sleds with this problem.

#7 ·
This is kind of on topic but here is my problem i was checking to see what needle i had in and when i put the carbs back together something happened with maybe the throttle it seems that it could be tighter but i changed nothing is there something that could stop carbs from bottoming out all the way.

#9 ·
sledneck97 said:
check to see if the plastic retainer is lined up properly and check with your fingers to see if the slide is in the carb correctly. You would'nt want your sled to take off with the throttle stuck wide open.
[snapback]729039[/snapback]​
No not at all right now it sticks at about 3200 rpms but i will check my carbs again in the morning and hopefully can fix this problem there must be something blocking it from idling down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.