Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this was my first experience beeing thrown off the rev i was racing across a field with a couple buddies and came to a downhill slope with moguls and the rear end went everywhere left to right and threw my off.. is there any way to stop the rear of the sled kicking back on downhill moguls. i know the new sleds they fixed this problem but how and what can be done to a 04.

I an ok but still a little sore a week later i hit the ground about 50-60 BUT I WILL STILL RIDE SUNDAY LOL


Thanks John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
The problem is the loose nut between the handlebars.


Fixed this 'problem' for 05, hehehehe.. you guys crack me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
I got thrown last week when my sled went sideways and the studs hooked the frozen dirt. I'm still limping also...lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts


Sorry to hear you got 'thrown' by your sled...so, have you figured out what caused your problem ??



 

·
Who Shot My Paw??
Joined
·
5,344 Posts
TheWolf said:
The problem is the loose nut between the handlebars.


Fixed this 'problem' for 05, hehehehe.. you guys crack me up.
[snapback]297552[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,434 Posts
urocav2001 said:
well this was my first experience beeing thrown off the rev i was racing across a field with a couple buddies and came to a downhill slope with moguls and the rear end went everywhere left to right and threw my off.. is there any way to stop the rear of the sled kicking back on downhill moguls. i know the new sleds they fixed this problem but how and what can be done to a 04.

I an ok but still a little sore a week later i hit the ground about 50-60 BUT I WILL STILL RIDE SUNDAY LOL


Thanks John

[snapback]297020[/snapback]​
More experience/ rider skill. The sled isn't the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
What happened was you were moving along pretty well and as you went down the hill you let off the gas and the momentum of the back kept going and came around on you. This is not uncommon for any sled, your best bet here would be to power out. This will keep you in line and on the sled. The fronts are grabby and you are forward on these sleds so watch the sudden let up, it will pivot on you and throw you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Does your suspension bottom out easy and get like a pogo effect, if so you may want to valve your shocks.

Did the back come up and kick you, if so you may have let off the throttle or grabbed the brake too much. Stay into the throttle as someone mentioned above, then use the brake to slow once the sled is under control.

If you get side to side whip going through moguls and you are standing with your feet at or very near the stirups, move your feet back. With the rev being such a rider centered sled, it is easy for the backend to whip from side to side in the whoops and can get bad enough to throw you if you aren't ready for it. If you stand back, look at where Blairs feet are in the air on his sled, they are at least two foot lengths back from the stirups, this will give you more control. You will need to also keep you legs loose (let them flex up and down) with the sled. If you do this you will be able to ride moguls better.

Seat time always helps, take your time and try a little bit at a time. Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
The gravity nut might be loose causing the rearend to be to loose and cause ya to fly from the machine at a high rate of speed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
On my 04 8 that is what caused me to crash let off and the back started to fishtail...i just slow down slowly now not just let off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
I flew off last weekend. I was coming across a field and the trail turned abruptly, I jacked on the brakes, and the sled went sideways. As it was sliding the studs grabbed the ice and it sent me flying.... Ouch. Its at the dealer right now, flying nun is bent, a-arms-whole right suspension, tunnel is bent up, EGO is the worst.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stillen said:
I flew off last weekend. I was coming across a field and the trail turned abruptly, I jacked on the brakes, and the sled went sideways. As it was sliding the studs grabbed the ice and it sent me flying.... Ouch. Its at the dealer right now, flying nun is bent, a-arms-whole right suspension, tunnel is bent up, EGO is the worst.......
[snapback]298165[/snapback]​
thanks guys yeah i let off the gas and the rear end went every where

as for experience i have been riding sleds for 6-7 years now

and the sled only has 800 miles on it and almost all of them from tug hill riding up north so i dont think the shocks need revalving unless this is common on a rev

next time i will stay on the gas and step back a little

thanks for all the informational responces from us mature ones !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
How much do you weigh and what is your rear suspension set-up #? If you are 200 or less pounds and use #3 or #4 you might get that "bucking bronco" ride.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top