Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 XPS RER NON DPM.... had a 600 ho .... installed a 01 800..
had the mpem re-flashed for an 800, using the original stator and p/u coils.
it ran great for 10-15 miles than no spark....
tryed different ;stator, coil, voltage reg.,mpem box.different handle/bars/unpluging bars......?
2 weird things..... when sled was running, when shutting off, either w/ kill switch or tether it would "fire" a couple of times when shutting off......
and, it seemed to dim the head light when reving engine.....
it just wouldnt restart after a break..... was runnig GREAT!
fuses ok, NO OBVIOUS WIRING PROBLEMS! p/up coils??
any help would GREATLY !! APPRECIATED!!
thanks!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
alot of revs have that problem of misfiring a couple times when shutting off at the handle bars ,i think the switch has something to be desired,if you isolated the handle bars by unplugging the main harness the next thing todo is to eliminate the dess post by changing it out with a freinds,you still use your tether as it is programmed to your box,after that you really only have a couple of choices,MPEM failure or stator,it could be the trigger(pick up coil) but i havent seen to many of those fail before and likewise with the ignition coil and spark plug wires.with absolutely no spark i would think the low speed coil on the stator is bad.

·
Registered
682 Posts
...... corroded red/pu wire @ main harness to handlebar sub-harness.....repaired but it think i need a rer/ heater/hi-beam combo switch.....
has spark when switch is un-pluged; if you plug it in, you get spark after the 3-4th pull w/ spark plus out ,pulling it hard and fast ......? havnt run it
tryed a used/ unknown switch.... dont have the heart to use the one in the wifes sled ! its the only REV THAT STILL RUNS AROUND HERE! ..... 1 OUTA 3!
got love the back up ZX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.