Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently converted a 04' mod into a trail sled, it has a cudney head, factory twin pipes, reprogramed mpem, and kickass filters. I did not change any of the clutch settings or gearing when I did the conversion. The first time I took it out I noticed that the max rpm was 8000-7900 rpm on the tach, I wanted more rpm's because I have read that the twin pipes make more power at 8400 to 8600 rpm's. The stock pin weight was 18 grams and the clicker was set on #5. I adjusted the clicker to #6 and had a change of about 100 rpm, so I then I dropped the pin weight to 16.5 grams and clicker back to #5, but I am still not getting more than 8200. Should I take more weight out, 16.5 seems really low for a 800 mod especially with the clicker being set so high. The sled pulls really hard but I just hear everyone else running around 20 grams. I just want to make sure I am going in the right direction. Should I try the other angle in the team helix? Or should I go back to 18 grams and run it at 8000 rpms??????

thanks,
kep

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CoolFlyer said:
what primary spring you got in there??? and what secondary spring and helix too...
[snapback]695880[/snapback]​
I am not sure on the primary spring or helix setting. I was hoping to get a way with what was already installed, but it sounds like I may need a different primary spring. The question is do I need a higher finish rate or lower to fix this problem????? I do have a stock primary spring from a 04' 440 on hand but do not know if thats going in the right direction?????

thanks,
kep

·
Registered
321 Posts
chromer_14 said:
lower finish rate on the helix will bring those rpm's up from my understanding.
[snapback]697075[/snapback]​
Kep do you want to sell those 419 ramps you have in there. I have a set of 415 ramps that I would be willing to trade plus sum cash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts