Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what the BEST maximum RPM is for a 2004 800HO Renegade (ALL STOCK).

At WOT on a hard packed trail I end up around 8200-8300 RPM...Is this a bit high?

G

·
NewDooHed said:
I am curious what the BEST maximum RPM is for a 2004 800HO Renegade (ALL STOCK).

At WOT on a hard packed trail I end up around 8200-8300 RPM...Is this a bit high?
[snapback]304373[/snapback]​
A tad high I would say. You want to see a max of no more than 8000 on the tach as most Doo's are out 150 -200 rpms. Or so I have found. They claim max is at 7800ish.

·
Registered
516 Posts
stock around 7800...that is where i saw the sweet spot was on my 8...ofcorse that was what the dealer recomended also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
skimp369 said:
stock around 7800...that is where i saw the sweet spot was on my 8...ofcorse that was what the dealer recomended also.
[snapback]304519[/snapback]​
I have been messing around with weights in the primary to get my WOT rpms to 7900. Found that my sled runs the best at 8200. Tach may be off (haven't checked it yet) but alot of locals I've talked to agree with me that every motor is different and some may run best at a higher rpm. Testing will prove what will work best. My sled is untouchable at 8200 WOT rpms. I should also mention that I run Paragon secondary on my sled.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I believe the '05s should be in the same boat here, I'm hitting 8100 on hard accel and eventually climbing to 8300. Having higher RPMs to deal with is a smile problem if you're seeing full shift - means your making power. I'm going to drop down one clicker to #2 and see if I notice a difference. I have a feeling my sweet spot is right where I'm at 8200-8300.

Hey paragon, welcome to Doo Talk. Wish I could afford one of those fancy Paragons...just don't have $900 kicking around! The secondary clutches on these things are somewhat of a show stopper. It appears they finally will be putting on a decent OEM sec in '06.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2stroker said:
I believe the '05s should be in the same boat here, I'm hitting 8100 on hard accel and eventually climbing to 8300. Having higher RPMs to deal with is a smile problem if you're seeing full shift - means your making power. I'm going to drop down one clicker to #2 and see if I notice a difference. I have a feeling my sweet spot is right where I'm at 8200-8300.

Hey paragon, welcome to Doo Talk. Wish I could afford one of those fancy Paragons...just don't have $900 kicking around! The secondary clutches on these things are somewhat of a show stopper. It appears they finally will be putting on a decent OEM sec in '06.
[snapback]311262[/snapback]​
It was a once a year capitol investment. Hid it from my wife since July and put it on in December (fist snow in northern michigan)
The one thing that Duane from High Tech said was to make sure your clutches are shifting all the way out. I have my clickers on #1 and that's where I should keep them with the paragon. When I put marker lines on both clutches they are both gone. I had a 1.75 that I spring ordered but this year I switched to a 1.25 so I could see 100. I had to switch to 9 tooth drivers when I studded my 1.75 because at 70 on roads the back end wanted to come around. I have seen 117 on the digital speedo this year. I know it isn't right because of the driver change but with the 1.75 I never saw over 90. I am stoked. I saw the 06 anouncement that the secondary will be roller. Duane Watt developed the roller secondary and the paragon is the next generation of roller clutches. I wonder if any manufacturer will ever make the paragon stock. I can't wait for the 06 release

1 - 6 of 6 Posts