Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the stock reed spacers with new 1/4 inch reed spacers in the 800HO and on the first run out it lost about 500 rpm. This was pinned on a long lake, with about 4 inches of heavy snow and 47 (F) degree temps. I am thinking the warm weather is the cause but it has me thinking possibly the spacers. Anyone lose RPM by changing from the 3/8" to 1/4" spacers?

DT

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Did you try adjusting your clickers to see if you could get the RPM's back up to where they need to be?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I can get the RPM back by adjusting the clickers BUT, that means I have lost some power and am willing to accept that...I am not. I'll put the 3/8 inchers back in before that. Anyone with the 1/4" spacers kindly give me your findings.

DT

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dtweaker said:
Yes, I can get the RPM back by adjusting the clickers BUT, that means I have lost some power and am willing to accept that...I am not. I'll put the 3/8 inchers back in before that. Anyone with the 1/4" spacers kindly give me your findings.

DT
[snapback]698380[/snapback]​
Take them out.Lost the pto cyl this week end.Air leak .Put 700 miles on it and it went down.The spacers were a different size and caused an air leak.Best thing to do is machine the stock ones down.They dont seal right.06 800mxzx power tec.Make sure thier the same size.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Don't take them out. I have a 2004 800 HO and believe me, they will help get rid of the 5000rpm stumble. Wet snow and 47 degrees is a BAD. Engine won't make power like it did because it will be rich due to warm temps. That coupled with the wet snow will make it feel slugish.

Keep the reed spacers and don't worry about the loss in RPM until you run it in colder weather. If you are worried about leaks, make sure your carb boots are good and you have fresh gaskets. The spacers won't make a difference in leaks.

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Verify your rave valves are opening, pop the caps and be sure they are not stuck. I have not seen any issues with spacers not fitting, and a air leak will not cause a loss of RPM, (unless it's in the process of going down ie: to late) verify throttle and choke settings if you had the carbs off & your air sensor is hooked back up. Just a few things to check

·
Just the Tip!!
2,509 Posts
Wet snow warm temps should still hit 8 grand no matter where u are, sure u dont have to change jetting with these, do a compression check i know it sounds dumb but u never know with warm temps, rings do not like it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, thanks for the info. For now I'll leave them in as I really want to get rid of the 5K stumble. It does make that better, but not completely fixed. I'm trying to adjust the fuel screws in 1/4 turn tests. (If need be I'll put in the 20 pilots, but for now just some tuning.) I also will check the rave valves to make sure they are not sticking and double check the throttle cable adj.

Great ideas...I'll take any you've got!

DT

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dtweaker said:
Ok, thanks for the info. For now I'll leave them in as I really want to get rid of the 5K stumble. It does make that better, but not completely fixed. I'm trying to adjust the fuel screws in 1/4 turn tests. (If need be I'll put in the 20 pilots, but for now just some tuning.) I also will check the rave valves to make sure they are not sticking and double check the throttle cable adj.

Great ideas...I'll take any you've got!

DT
[snapback]701883[/snapback]​
Just check them over really good and make sure thier not pinched.I put mine on before I run the sled.That was 700 miles ago.Summer Im going to machine the stock ones down.JUst found out it was a bad carb boot,not the spacers.No cracks Looks like it warped and caused an air leak!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.