Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any crank issues with theirs?

TIA

TB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
negative blue, ski-doo hasn't had crank issues with any of the 800's since they started building them. maybe you didn't fog the motor properly over the summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
liquid said:
negative blue, ski-doo hasn't had crank issues with any of the 800's since they started building them. maybe you didn't fog the motor properly over the summer.
[snapback]313089[/snapback]​
PTO bearings are spose to be packed with grease according to the dealer. They were dry. Not the first time my dealer has seen this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
yes the pto bearings are greased but you still need to fog the motor, maybe you did but you didn't say otherwise, also i am not being cocky, it's very possible that yours went bad for factory defect but i ride with 4 of them and one has 7000 miles with no problems but new rings and another has 5000 miles and has never had a single bolt out of the motor. the other two are lower mileage and they are trouble free also except for a thermostat in the blair morgan which i had to replace for him in the u.p. outdoors when it was -10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
I had 04 800X last year lose a connecting rod and took out cylinder and head and hole in case with only 1600 miles on it.Then waited 6 weeks for a back-ordered shortblock from Ski-Doo,traded it in on my 05 800X,am I glad I did.Maybe you seen original post.

800 Obituary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
liquid said:
yes the pto bearings are greased but you still need to fog the motor, maybe you did but you didn't say otherwise, also i am not being cocky, it's very possible that yours went bad for factory defect but i ride with 4 of them and one has 7000 miles with no problems but new rings and another has 5000 miles and has never had a single bolt out of the motor. the other two are lower mileage and they are trouble free also except for a thermostat in the blair morgan which i had to replace for him in the u.p. outdoors when it was -10.
[snapback]313434[/snapback]​
I wasnt inferring you were being cocky at all.....just stating what I had heard from a reputable dealer. Trying to decide if I should spend another $10,000 on 2 new 06 800's to get another 2 years of warranty or if mine will hold together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
I would get the crank done and ride with confidence. but an 06 would be nice too.I just don't think it was an issue like the 600 ring problem that's all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
liquid said:
I would get the crank done and ride with confidence. but an 06 would be nice too.I just don't think it was an issue like the 600 ring problem that's all.
[snapback]313580[/snapback]​
My sentiments exactly......
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top