Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a muffler off an 04 800 HO will fit an 03 600 HO? Looking at the part list in 03 they didn't differentiate the mufflers for the 600/800 but in 04 there have different part numbers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
trying to remember what the stock stuff looked like...LOL DOO_TINT wasnt the 03 the pipe with the ball steel socket on the end?? wouldnt it still fit and seal in the newer muffler that uses the rounded gasket ? Hardy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer but thanks for the reply. I would have thought different but obviously something changed. I wonder why?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
It's funny because if you look up a MBRP can, there is only one part number for 2003-2007 600ho or 800's. Yes the '03 pipe had a ball type flange on the outlet, unlike the '04 and later pipes that used a donut gasket. Seeing as the aftermarket will fit both, I would think the stock one would be very close, but I have not tried. I'm sure DOO_TINT is right, they're probably different enough not to match up properly.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
trying to remember what the stock stuff looked like...LOL DOO_TINT wasnt the 03 the pipe with the ball steel socket on the end?? wouldnt it still fit and seal in the newer muffler that uses the rounded gasket ? Hardy
03s had a welded on smaller metal flange,,,newer stuff has a bigger removable donut on the pipe end and bigger flange on the muffler

You can swap the whole system,,but 800 pipes have a bigger end hole/stinger than the 600

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do see the difference in the drawings now. For some reason though I think my pipe has the 04 end but I can't confirm because it's at my buddies right now. It currently has a dynoport trail can installed but i want to go back to stock to avoid fines and pissing off land owners where I ride.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
The stock 03 muffler flange is about 1/4in smaller than the 04-07

The aftermarket cans have a universal flange? Lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got to love it. I was about ready to pull the trigger on one on craigslist that stated it was for an 04 but the guy just got back to me and said it came off an 03. Looks like I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help everyone. I am new to sledding and skidoo and everyone has been awesome on here.

Here's the 03 I picked up for next to nothing over the summer. Just did a bunch of stuff to it and almost ready to fire her up again.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Got to love it. I was about ready to pull the trigger on one on craigslist that stated it was for an 04 but the guy just got back to me and said it came off an 03. Looks like I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help everyone. I am new to sledding and skidoo and everyone has been awesome on here.

Here's the 03 I picked up for next to nothing over the summer. Just did a bunch of stuff to it and almost ready to fire her up again.
I got some orange knee deflectors.. pm me if your interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well apparently based on what I can tell I have 03 with an 04-07 pipe so my search for a muffler is still on. The good news however is I got my new short block installed tonight and the sled started fine and is running great so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In my search for a used 04-07 muffler I find a lot of ones off 800s. Will an 800 muffler work on a 600? Skidoo shows different part numbers.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I will try to measure the in and out hole size of my spare 600-800 muffler cans

It will work/fit,,but might lose back pressure if bigger,,,better than using a 600 muff on a 800?lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will try to measure the in and out hole size of my spare 600-800 muffler cans

It will work/fit,,but might lose back pressure if bigger,,,better than using a 600 muff on a 800?lol
Awesome thanks, how about the SDI mufflers? Are they technically the same except for a port for a sensor?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts