Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 b/m 800 is losing rpms on top end. From dead start pin it rpms go to 8000 till about 60 mph then rpms fall to 7600rpm. Tried a secondary clutch from 2002 800 no problem holding rpms. Took 04 clutch apart changed spring to s/d purple still no top end? Any suggestions? Thanks jeff

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
blown-horsepower said:
My 2004 b/m 800 is losing rpms on top end. From dead start pin it rpms go to 8000 till about 60 mph then rpms fall to 7600rpm. Tried a secondary clutch from 2002 800 no problem holding rpms. Took 04 clutch apart changed spring to s/d purple still no top end? Any suggestions? Thanks jeff
[snapback]701005[/snapback]​
change cam slider shoes(black ones)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you have a clutch kit installed or stock? If its stock I would replace the sagging springs. If it's a different kit you may have the long pins that are hitting on the arms and not letting the clutch shift out so you will need the shorter updated pins/weights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
blown-horsepower said:
[snapback]701005[/snapback]​
Replace the slider shoes. As well the stock spring is dk.green.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would change your clutch springs with new ones.Sounds like the primary spring is sagged out.As more load is put on the motor at higher speed,the rpm is being brought down from a weak primary spring.
I change my springs every season,regardless of mileage.It's a cheap way to keep your clutches in tune.Just one more suggestion.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I HAVE A S8X KIT TO PUT IN BUT NOT UNTILL I GET THIS SET UP RIGHT.CLUTCHES ARE BOTH STOCK EXCEPT FOR SEC. SPRING ITS A NEW SKI DOO PURPLE. I TRIED TWO DIFFERENT HELIXS' 50/40 STOCK AND 47/44. IN THE TRAILS THAT 47/44 IS VERY RESPONSIVE. THE PROBLEM IS LONG WIDE OPEN RUNS WHEN I START TOP ENDING. MY CLICKER IS ON 4 NOW, IM GONNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH CLICKER 5. I HAVE NEW SHOE SLIDERS AND PRIMARY SPRING,THAT I WILL TRY TOMORROW. THANKS JEFF

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blown-horsepower said:
I HAVE A S8X KIT TO PUT IN BUT NOT UNTILL I GET THIS SET UP RIGHT.CLUTCHES ARE BOTH STOCK EXCEPT FOR SEC. SPRING ITS A NEW SKI DOO PURPLE. I TRIED TWO DIFFERENT HELIXS' 50/40 STOCK AND 47/44. IN THE TRAILS THAT 47/44 IS VERY RESPONSIVE. THE PROBLEM IS LONG WIDE OPEN RUNS WHEN I START TOP ENDING. MY CLICKER IS ON 4 NOW, IM GONNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH CLICKER 5. I HAVE NEW SHOE SLIDERS AND PRIMARY SPRING,THAT I WILL TRY TOMORROW. THANKS JEFF
[snapback]704711[/snapback]​
anything else to check

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.