Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled just had its 3rd set of new rings/pistons and its 1st set of new reeds (V-force).

Sled pulls fine from idle then falls on its face at around 4-5000 RPM, pulls hard above 5500 RPM and has max RPM and power, just a big flat spot in the middle.

Reeds looks good, anybody have any ideas what might casuse this. I say lean feeling because it has a fluttering exhaust sound seems to just run real rough weak........ like a flat spot then it hits hard. It doesn't sound like it is rich or loaded up.

Could this be injestors or something with the fuel mapping, the sled has 10,000km (most of them very hard)

??

·
Registered
506 Posts
gormleyflyer2002 said:
My sled just had its 3rd set of new rings/pistons and its 1st set of new reeds (V-force).

Sled pulls fine from idle then falls on its face at around 4-5000 RPM, pulls hard above 5500 RPM and has max RPM and power, just a big flat spot in the middle.

Reeds looks good, anybody have any ideas what might casuse this. I say lean feeling because it has a fluttering exhaust sound seems to just run real rough weak........ like a flat spot then it hits hard. It doesn't sound like it is rich or loaded up.

Could this be injestors or something with the fuel mapping, the sled has 10,000km (most of them very hard)

??
[snapback]749819[/snapback]​
YOU HAVE JUST DESCRIBED THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM THAT I WAS HAVING WITH MY 04 600SDI . THE FIRST ISSUE THAT I FOUND WAS A CUT WIRE THAT POWERED MY OUTSIDE INJECTORS. THE WIRE RUBBED THROUGH BECAUSE IT WAS EXPOSED TO THE GROUND SCREW ON THE FRAM. THIS WAS THE ONLY AREA OF THE WIREING HARNESS NOT COVERED BY THE PROTECTIVE WIRE LOOM. IF THIS IS THE CASE YOUR ENGINE LIGHT SHOULD HAVE COME ON. IF THE LIGHT HASN'T COME ON, THEN IT COULD BE YOUR CDI BOX. APPEARENTLY, OR WHAT THE GENERAL CONCENCIOUS WAS, WHEN MY BROKEN WIRE WAS RUBBING ON THE GROUND SCREW, IT SHORTED OUT MY CDI BOX. WHEN THE PROBLEM THAT YOU JUST DESCRIBED FIRST SHOWED UP ON MY SLED, IT WAS JUST AFTER THE BROKEN WIRE WAS REPAIRED. (KEEP IN MIND, I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT CDI BOXES TO CRAP OUT EVERY NOW AND THEN). IT WAS A SMALL HESITATION AT FIRST BUT IT GOT PROGESSIVELY WORSE AS TIME WENT ON. LIKE I SAID, YOUR PROBLEMS FIT MINE TO THE TEE. HOPFULLY IT IS SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE CDI BOX BECAUSE IT COST ME $851 US INSTALLED. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, was hoping for an answer that might be a wee bit less expensive.......I'll check the wires and see what I can see.

I kinda figured when a CDI went bad you had a dead sled, maybe not.....??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts