Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so here's whats going on. Recently I "siezed" the motor in my 600 SDI. As I started to dismantle the engine I noticed the nut on the cable adjuster on my oil pump had backed completely off, there's my answer to why it seized... Anyway, the engine is fully torn down and tragically my MAG side connecting rod partially seized to my crankshaft... I'm looking to rebuild the engine for hopefully a grand or less... as the rest of the sled does need a few other parts, and I also need a new flywheel which I hear isn't cheap.. My question is where is the best place to find a bottom end rebuild kit, I'm not sure if the connecting rod can be saved or not so I might need one of those too.. If anybody knows where I can buy a complete rebuild kit let me know.

·
Premium Member
27,943 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for taking so long to respond guys, so I managed to find all the parts I need, they should be here soon. With all that sorted my next question is, How do I go about assembling this beast? I know I need Isoflex grease on my crank bearings, but what else do I need? I also heard I need to use a special lock-tight on my knock sensor so it can "hear" better, is this true? Do I need lock-tight or anything on any other bolts? Do I need to use assembly oil or some special oil- lube, or grease anywhere else? Also does anybody know the torque specs and sequences for every thing, and I mean everything, crankcase bolts, jugs, heads, water pump etc.. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not much help on specifics other than you can get a shop manual on EBay for about $25 or downloadable version for around $15. Just make sure it’s a “shop” manual, not the owners manual. It should have all the specifics your looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts