Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just moved to the UP for school (Michigan Tech) and I hear they have a lot of oppertunities for off trail riding. I have been toying around with the idea of doing a 120" to 136" conversion on my sled for a while now. What I have is an 03 Rev X package 600 ho with the beavertail still on. I am looking at doing the 136" beavertail delete and using rail extentions to lengthen the skid. I just have several questions about the process:

What is a good on trail/off trail track to use that I won't wreck on the trail but will still perform well in powder? (specify lug heigth and track type) (I am concidering a 1.5 ripsaw right now)

What do I need to do with gearing if anything?

I would also apreciate any tips from anyone who has done this or a simular build.

Thanks,
RS

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
This was done quite a bit back in the day. Would be good to SEARCH for. I see Tracks USA still list the tunnel extension and rail extension for the 03 REV. The 1.5" Ripsaw would be a good combo track. Some say 1.75" is a little to much for on trail. Have you added up the costs yet?

Rail ext.----$155
Tunnel ext.--$130
Track--------$400
Long Cooler--$150
Flap & bumper-$90
Top Gear------$30
Temp.Gauge----$45
Center & rear
shock rebuild-$90
Odd & Ends----???

Just a thought for an 03.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I stretched mine to a 144 with a polaris track (144x15x2) with TracksUSA skid Extensions, got a used tunnel extension for a 136, renegade cooler used off the forums. Stock gearing and everything else. Love it, but obviously made for more versatility than just trail... Id do 136 if you are mainly trails.

here is a thread I used for alot of my info for a 144

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208461&st=15

Here is my thread

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=389464&st=0&p=2866672&fromsearch=1&#entry2866672

·
Registered
101 Posts
I extended my wife's 05 a couple of years ago. Check out tracksusa, he has the 121" to 136" tunnel extension along with the rail extensions for you sled. You will need to get a bumper and snow flap. Try and find a used track and sell your 121" to help offset the cost. I would think that you could extend you sled for about $500. I would gear down 2 teeth on the top gear, that would match the gearing of a renegade. I would go with a 1.5" or 1.75" track for the UP, I have a 1.75" on my renegade and it does great on and off trail. You are going to love the riding around Houghton, we ride up there as much as we can. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts