Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
sledlover said:
I know the rears are VR. What about the fronts?

Thanks
[snapback]260441[/snapback]​
Yes, variable rate and rebuildable.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That's not correct. They are rebuildable HPG but they are not VR like the two skidframe shocks are. I guess it's possible I'm wrong but if so, please clue me in on how they are VR.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Saco Pathfinders Snowmobile Club Chairman of the B
2,972 Posts
on the 03 sports the only shock thats VR is the rear skid shock the other 3 are regular HPG.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Both skid shocks are VR on the '03 Sport. On that one I'm sure, because I paid attention to it when I rebuilt mine a month or so ago.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Registered
541 Posts
sledlover said:
I know the rears are VR. What about the fronts?

Thanks
[snapback]260441[/snapback]​
if it's an 04 they are motion control..if it's an 05 they are HPG shocks as were on the GSX limited in 04 and ALL shocks are variable rate to some extent. BUT..they are not the rebuildable shocks unless they are the C-36 clicker shocks. take a close look at em!!!think you can take them apart with NO wrench heads or threaded atachments and NO gas charge nipple on the shock. already looked into changing mine .

·
Registered
541 Posts
jlk_250 said:
The question was about the '03 Sport shocks.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport
[snapback]268003[/snapback]​
got eyeballs???look real close...see a gas recharge nipple on the shock body?? any place to put a wrench on it to disassemble?? the differences between a rebuildable shock and a non-rebuildable shock are visually obvious. as for motion control...they are all valved to control motion in one way or another. if it's not an MXZ or MXZx chances are they are of lower quality and NOT rebuildable. really strange thing is...the dealer tells me not only do they NOT rebuild shocks but they don't even know where they'd send them for rebuild. we have a guy at GM where i work that rebuils them for 25 bucks a shock and uses original OEM parts!!!!GM OEM original seals and parts!!!lol....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts