Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 mach Z with RER and can't figure out how to disassemble the secondary to clean it...I can't seam to be able to push the helix in to remove the two half snap rings...
I have always cleaned my own clutches on my older sleds. My 98 was a snap by twisting the two sheeves counter clockwise, pushing the helix in, then removing the snap ring and voila!

How do I get this one apart? Or am I going to need specific tools?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??? It should be the same secondary as any 03 to 05 with RER...Someones had to have taken one of these apart for cleaning????

·
Registered
135 Posts
the way I do it is take a piece of 1/2 threaded rod about 1 foot long and put it in the vice. then I take a home made tool that has a hole in the middle of it and slide it down on the rod. the tool looks like a U. I made it out of two pieces of 1/2 square tubing and a piece of flat bar as wide as the helix. anyways the tool fits down and only grabs the sides of the helix. then i take a nut and screw it down against the tool to press the helix down enough to remove the clips

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
You either have to buy the tool or make one. On the older secondaries with the wind-up springs you could take apart as you stated. The new ones must be compressed with a tool and held in that position. I've seen homemade ones that work quite well but first you probably should see one. A bock of wood works fine with the center cut out to allow room to remove the retaining ring halves. Watch when you put those back in during reassembly to get them in correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts