Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a used, longtracked, mxz-rev, for my wife to ride on our 2week trip... snowies, tog, and i.p. The sled is non DPM, and rer. Will pulling the solid pins out, and replacing w/adjustable pins,(prob. empty!) work ok? and/or a summit spring? I was planing on dropping the gearing down too! any help would be appreciated
Thanks!! Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
MXz Rev, with 144 track? wasn't geareddown when longtracked? I run a 600 in the rockies with my adjustable pin at 3 (7-10 K feet) to make recommended 8100 rpm. As for non DPM, you got me - check with dealer I think or op manual for temp and elevation jetting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I run an 03 600 sport 136 at 8-10k all the time. Heres my set-up 230-350 primary spring, hollow pins(no threads) 19/45 gearing 290 mains drop needles by putting washer on top of clip. fuel screws 3/4-1 turn out. Get a filter sock too. they run out of gas quick when the powder starts to plug the filter. The 800 belt works better and lasts longer in the deep pow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.