Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Runs great from point A to point B when trail riding but you have to keep it revved up or it will stall at each road crossing. Once it shuts off, tough to start, seems like it needs time to rest a bit and then fires back up eventually. When pulling to try and start it before resting it, no signs of life in the dash or headlight as pull start is being pulled?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your compression.
Thought about checking compression but this sleds runs great past 2000 rpms all day long, stalling occurs after a few seconds of letting off of the throttle at a street crossing. Is there an adjustment to bring the idle past 1400?

·
Registered
43 Posts
First thought check carburetors. The Mikuni flat slides use tiny pilot jets, 17.5's I think been awhile.... Tag wire doesn't even fit through them. While you are in the check the mains to because any blockage/build up can lean it out, will run great for a while until it squeaks. Famous last words with dirty carbs were always that it ran great up top. If All clean check air screws and idle stop.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There should be a fitting under the gas tank and I think a small vent hose, I know my 500ss trail beater would do that and I had to open the gas cap after about a half hour of riding until I replaced the vent fitting it would create a vacuum

·
Registered
74 Posts
I mentioned the compression because it is harder to start when it is warm. If a ring or both rings are starting to go you could have enough compression to start it when the engine is cold, and it will run okay as long as you keep the rev's up but it won't want to idle and it will be hard to start when it is warm. It won't hurt to test it to rule it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts