Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interesting, never thought of that. But, is this issues a problem, or is it just kinda how these carbs work? I've always felt that that maybe the return spring wasn't strong enough...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Overheating problem apparently solved. Even though I WATCHED the mechanic dump coolant into the machine and then check it, it was low on coolant. What a PITA. He said it likely had a bubble in the system when I brought it home, and after that, it was low. He said he didn't see any leaks. I tried looking into the overflow tank. Couldn't see in the hole, too small, and couldn't see thru the side, too much stuff around it. Anyway, it's sorted out now. Damn, that thing rips!

We're still working on the reverse issue and the high idle issue. He's going to try and rejet, he thinks it's a little lean.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
And it turns out that this thing is getting about 3 miles a gallon. No fuel leaks that anyone sees or smells. Checked the spark plugs. Not fouled, med grey on one side, tan on the other. Not really sure where the gas is going. I have a hard time believing my riding style is making this happen. I'm told 8-10 MPG is what is normal. For my on-off throttle, tight trails, overall low speeds to take off 7-ish MPG? IDK.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts