Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had his shocks revalved /rebuilt for his riding style and weight.

Once we had them installed now the back can easily be bottomed out without even being on the sled, (rear blocks hit).

I have been reading posts about rear torsion spring, this one has a square spring & not sure how heavy it is, should replace it and use spacers when putting it back together.

rear shocks upper mount has two holes and it's now sitting in the furthest back hole. What are the two holes for?

Any idea why it would be so easy to bottom when it didn't do this before?

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Torsion springs hold you up. Shocks dampen bumps. To a degree nitrogen charged shocks also will hold you up also. Maybe shock settings have been changed stiffer valving less nitrogen? Idk. Stiffer springs is the best answer.

The 2 holes are for dampening, the longer the shock stroke the more dampening you get. Far holes stiffer; short hole smoother. You sound like you want the far hole.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Torsions sack out in time and the coupler will be at the back,,and sc3 won't work nice like that

Round springs last longer and get some ones for the lbs of the rider

Hopefully whoever did the shocks did them rkte

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies,

we were able to get shocks off and on without removing the torsion springs.

Tbone, he have them re valved for stiffer ride and his weight of 185 pounds.

any spring suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I think they are 503189522/524. Compress the rear shock on the floor and see how quickly it rebounds. Could be nitrogen leaked out

Reactions: DOO_TINT

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies, found a set of the 522 and 524 springs, should be here tomorrow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts