Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 open mod with race carbs and it's emptying my wallet with fuel. I have heard you can put stock rack carbs on these sleds and stop using so much fuel. How does this work with the DPM?? Does it plug into the mod MDPEM?? And which carbs can I use?? Any help would be appriciated.

Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
yes take off the race carbs and stick on a set of 800 if you can find them. I found a pair of 800 HO to stick on mine and fuel consumption is more managable. Hope this Helps!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
just get the standard carbs not the dpm carbs there is alot more involved with install with dpm, they will do better but mod 800 twin motors dont do well on fuel in most cases.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ak47 said:
I unhooked my dpm, and just jet it for altitude. No problems so far.
[snapback]720275[/snapback]​
you can use 03 or newer 600HO or 800HO carbs... you will get about another 10 miles out tank, but no more..

·
Registered
788 Posts
don't use the 03 they are not as good as the 04s. They changed the Nj somemore in 04 I believe. Better off to get some 01 or 02 and have the needle jet machined out and change the needle. I picked a set up off ebay for 50 and had this done they work awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts