Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of swapping my '03 primary out for my buddy's '04 for the weekend (along with secondaries). I'm pretty sure that I can swap out the sliding halfs of each with no problems, but can anybody confirm? Just not 100% sure the sheave angles are the same from '03 to '04.

·
Registered
262 Posts
DJ has a FAQ. Not sure what you want to do but he has some info. The -04 has different angles (progressive) and it's smaller diameter.

You can run a -04/-05 secondary on the -03, you will need to adjust belt deflection as the -03 belt is narrower.

·
Shortbus member
1,026 Posts
03 has the tra2 & the 04 has the tra3 I know the angles are different but i dont know if you could interchange them. I would pull the primary & secendary and swap with the 04 & use his belt also.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
440rev said:
03 has the tra2 & the 04 has the tra3 I know the angles are different but i dont know if you could interchange them. I would pull the primary & secendary and swap with the 04 & use his belt also.
[snapback]693993[/snapback]​
Yup that's the way to doo it.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So even the fixed sheaves have to be swapped?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Yes....swap the entire system including the belt. There may be some fine tuning required as the '03 didn't make as much HP as the '04....you may have to reduce primary weight or TRA up one number.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I don't have a clutch puller (yet) for the 440's so I guess this probably won't be happening after all. Oh well, good stuff to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts