Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My crank went on my 03 800 and it took my clutch side piston and cylinder along with the head.

My question is I had ported and polished cylinders and was wondering if I could run my sled with one cyl. ported and polished and the other stock?

BRP is covering the one cylinder, one piston, two rings, wrist pins, bearing, remanuf. crank and new head.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
snuka said:
My crank went on my 03 800 and it took my clutch side piston and cylinder along with the head.

My question is I had ported and polished cylinders and was wondering if I could run my sled with one cyl. ported and polished and the other stock?

BRP is covering the one cylinder, one piston, two rings, wrist pins, bearing, remanuf. crank and new head.
[snapback]292103[/snapback]​
Let me ask you this? Do you think DOO is going to warranty your sled once they see that your old cylinder was ported? Your dealer has to send the parts to DOO for them to look at. What do you think your chances are?

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
snuka said:

[snapback]292103[/snapback]​
Why wouldn't you send the scored cylinder.. off to Millennium Technologies.. and get it welded and replated if necessary... They will do it and send the same ported cylinder back to you.. depending on if it had to be welded or not.. or just rechromed.. about $220 or so.. to get the same ported cylinder fixed...

Rotax.. depends on the dealer and the area rep... I have had motors with ported cylinders warranted before. New crank, new pistons.. and one of my old cylinders fixed.. Dealer and I split the cost of fixing the cylinder and he got a new cylinder unported cylinder to put on his shelf... When the porting had nothing to do with a crank failing.. and taking out a cylinder and piston.. it didn't bother me.. to go this route.

Every situation is different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts