Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddies 03 rev 800 he just bought has TWIN pipes, v force 3 reeds , 192 studs, and supposedly a clutch kit. HEres what i brought to his attention, he didnt know any better. If he is racing or just plain old riding and puts it wide open it flys to 9000 rpm and then if hes racing it will stay at 9000. Shouldnt he be running lower? Whats wrong with it?

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
XFistER said:
my buddies 03 rev 800 he just bought has TWIN pipes, v force 3 reeds , 192 studs, and supposedly a clutch kit. HEres what i brought to his attention, he didnt know any better. If he is racing or just plain old riding and puts it wide open it flys to 9000 rpm and then if hes racing it will stay at 9000. Shouldnt he be running lower? Whats wrong with it?

[snapback]687504[/snapback]​
From what I know, twin pipes work better at higher rpms. With that being said, most that I have read upon suggest 8400-8600, so I'd say he's running too high and should adjust the clickers down and test.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clickers? is that on the primary or secondary? how do you adjust this? thanks for the help so quick!

·
Registered
598 Posts
on the primary, three bolts with number 1-6 on them add 200 rpm for number you go up, and 200 for every number you go down, so if he is running 9000 rpm right now and his clickers are on #4 go down to #2 to achieve 8600 rpms..............ect.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
9000 on a stock motor?? I would almost guess that the box has been reprogramed. I thought the MPEM would cut out if the motor would over rev to much, could be wrong. Sounds like he may have a race shop special.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be honest either him nor i know if it has a re-programmed mpem. it could have? from our knowledge it just has twin pipes with v force reeds, clutched and the gearing was changed. thats what the guy he bought it from told him. thanks alot everyone much help. we will try this as soon as possible and ill let you know the outcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts