Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at a 2003 600ho, 950 miles, mint with x package. is that the sc3 in that? is that a reliable motor? any info appreciated.
ian
its on ebay, has the custom flame job and in mass.

·
Registered
618 Posts
sc10 3 suspension

I have about 3000 miles on mine, no issues. You should get chrome rings if it doesn't already have it. Or just go with the 734 from Rkt, get rid of the ring problem and it adds a little fun.

·
Registered
185 Posts
captdoo said:
I would make sure it has new style rings...or but them in when you buy.....
[snapback]725297[/snapback]​
I have one with 8,000 miles. The rings need to changed as mentioned above, also check the PTO bearing seal. You can buy a kit to fix that from Rev Baron.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what im hearing they are problematic???will it grenade w/o the rings? it would be for her, not me...probably not ridden hard. more looking for comfort for her. is it a similar ride to a 04/05 rev???? better than a sc2 in a zx with basic shocks??

·
Registered
213 Posts
iansmxz said:
so what im hearing they are problematic???will it grenade w/o the rings? it would be for her, not me...probably not ridden hard. more looking for comfort for her. is it a similar ride to a 04/05 rev???? better than a sc2 in a zx with basic shocks??
[snapback]725327[/snapback]​
I wouldn't say that it's problematic I have an 03 600 HO and haven't had any problems. My wife has a 04 GSX and it doesn't ride any different than mine. Both are very smooth riding. Has your wife or girlfriend ever ridden on a REV chassie? I know my wife sure loves the Rev compared to the old Z chassie. I would have take one for a ride if she has never ridden one before.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she has never rode a rev but on her 03 zx 380 i installed a sc2 with purple hpgs. does great till she hits the moderate bumps and moguls. she preferrs to sit forward, almost near the tank on her zx and that doesnt seem to coincide with the zx chassis. she loves the look of the rev and we can only assume that it would give her a better ride

·
Registered
213 Posts
iansmxz said:
she has never rode a rev but on her 03 zx 380 i installed a sc2 with purple hpgs. does great till she hits the moderate bumps and moguls. she preferrs to sit forward, almost near the tank on her zx and that doesnt seem to coincide with the zx chassis. she loves the look of the rev and we can only assume that it would give her a better ride
[snapback]725447[/snapback]​
Yeah I can pretty much assure you that she will like it. Like I said I almost had to twist my wifes arm to get her to go riding when we had the Z chassi and when I bought my Rev she always ended up riding it all the time and I didn't like riding the Z any more so we sold it and bought her a GSX. So loves her sled now and loves riding now.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
another question...what is the cost of the pto retainer and how hard to install? obviously the primary has to come off, no problem there but how much more than that? looked at some microfiche and if i am looking at the correct part its a 4 bolt "cover" type of retainer? does it use existing holes in the case?
what is the approximate cost of replacing the rings (parts)? i can doo the labor there
lastly, what issue is there with the carb boots? delaminating like the zx's or something else? minor issues i know but all the info is appreciated!!
ian

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh I forgot to say have you thought about getting one with SDI? My wifes sled is SDI and she gets twice as good in gas mileage as I do with mine. Not sure if that matters to you or not just a thought though. I haven't heard much about problems with the boots and even if you did they are easy to change. Same with the rings I wouldn't think that they would be to costly and not to hard to change either. I haven't changed the rings in mine and haven't had to since I haven't had any problems. To be honest though I don't think it's a matter of this engine or sled has more or less problems than the other. I think it has alot to do with how you ride them and how you maintain them. If you go out and beat the crap out of it and never do the things you need to keep your sled in good shape then yes your gonna have problems no matter what.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
she would probably baby the hell out of it. i am very up on maintenance on anything i have, somehow i feel more confident that there will be no problems on the trail, although sh$t happens they say. i'll let you know how we make out!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have to post a picture of your new baby when you get it too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My 04 runs like a dream. The rings were a service bulletin, not as far as a recall. After about 2500 kms, I did a rebuild as my compression was on a constand downhill. Im not at 149-150.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
REVGSX said:
Have to post a picture of your new baby when you get it too.
[snapback]726565[/snapback]​
oh yes!!
check this one out on ebay..looks great but 5k is a bit high imo...4500 reasonable but you can tell this guy really yook care of it

item#4613893012

someone explain how to post a link for me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.