Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys me again. Today's question has to do with my chain-case, I bought my sled about a year and half or so ago and upon buying it the previous owner informed me that he had put new sprockets and a chain in the case and topped it off with oil. (I know that should have been my first red flag to double check it myself). Oh well it made it about half way through last season before it started making a noise as if something was slipping which I was lead to believe was just the track so I tightened my idlers and the noise went away. Now this year I made it about two rides into the season and the noise came back all at once when I was out in the field and it quite moving. When I inspected the chain-case it was obvious what had happened. The problem came when I looked into ordering new sprockets for the sled. I've seen on the ski doo parts website that there is only one lower sprocket offered for my sled but about four different top ones and two different chains. My sled had the right bottom sprocket in it, but for some reason had a top sprocket that matches up to one only offered for a yamaha, I also noticed that it has the right chain for a 700 summit, but mine happens to be 800. So if someone could give me the correct upper and lower sprockets with their dimensions and the right chain I need I would greatly appreciate it. My sled is a 2002 ski doo summit 800. If anyone needs the vin please ask as I can't find any other info on the sled itself other than its a 800 summit. Thanks here is a pic of the carnage.

Attachments

·
Mr Top Whore
103,022 Posts
I don't think it would matter just ask them when you call and order. But now that I looked at your pic, it looks like you had a 19 tooth top gear, is that what you are going with again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it would matter just ask them when you call and order. But now that I looked at your pic, it looks like you had a 19 tooth top gear, is that what you are going with again.
that was the wrong setup in there to begin with. In the pic those sprockets didn't match up with the chain right so if I was gonna do that setup I would need to know what chain matches up with the sprockets in the pic because that one didn't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be more clear I guess the sprockets in the pic are 19/43 with a 74 link chain which doesn't mesh well. I had ordered exactly what is in the picture and it sure didn't mesh right when I got it in the mail and have since sent it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts